New Guitar Day

The inlays on the neck look great as does the overall appearance of the body.
Have you plugged in to get a feel of how it sounds?

The inlays on the neck look great as does the overall appearance of the body.
Have you plugged in to get a feel of how it sounds?
It has that real warm, round, almost furry tone you'd expect from a hollow body and humbuckers. I toying with the idea of either a set of Filtertrons or mayby P-90's

I am a bit of an Ibanez collector and I happen to have one of those in candy blue. Nicely done guitars, and I haven't modded mine at all.

Nice! I don't even want to say how many guitars i have but the one i reach for and keep around most often is my artcore, the neck is flat and wide, really the optimal neck for my playing, the action is perfect and the tone is truly inspiring, it's even nice to play ampless. Proaudiostar put a batch on sale for 350.00 a few months ago and they sold out in like a week, theyre really great guitars. Enjoy!

You do wiring? or pickups? I suggest the Jimi Page wiring. 21 sounds. Series, parallel, phase, coil split.

Use something like a HB-4 bridge and a SH-1 neck if they aren't 4 wire. HB is Hollow Body. The original SH-1 neck is the one of the best pickups Seymour Duncan made. Better than the HB neckIMO. Check F spacing!!!

I got 4 myself. All done up. Crazy wiring. Necks were relaxed , and clamped and trusses reset at 30 y/o. 2 USA. 1 Japan. 1 Mexico.
2 USA Jazz Basses( a 4 and a 5) +1 cheap door buster black friday bass( dont count)
1 Keyboard Fantom X6

Last edited:
Yeah, I do wiring. I have at least 5 guitars with the Jimmy thing including a custom shop LP. I did it to my 335 (a fucking nightmare) with a set of Pearly Gates and took it all out. It sucked in the 335. This one I'm thinking of a set of TV Jones and straight up two wire switching.

Curious to know what structure existed in the background.
A road cut in New Melle, Missouri. A spot where my late wife and I would hunt for fossils. We found a Cephlipod here over 5 feet long and weighed over 100 pounds. And Trilobits out the ass (there's a picture for yer minds eye).

Used to be you could find trilobites all over the place here too. Not too many places to go looking for them now.

Sweet guitar. Not my color choice, but to each their own. Iv'e tried all of my life to like playing a jazz box, I want one so bad. But I just can't gel with one. Ergonomics.

Is it an old one made in Japan during the late 70's early 80's?
It looks like it may be but the logo on the headstock may be more modern.
I dunno

Yeah, this is an older one. Judging by the smaller fret size, it's pre 2003 I believe.

Last edited:
Back