new garage studio

RSMITH123

Can any of you pros help me figure out what would work in the space I have detailed in the attached jpeg. The alcove on the left is 9'x2' and the overall size of the room is 13'x20'.

I am wanting to build a control room and a recording room for drums/vocals/etc.

Please feel free to use or alter my attachement.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 306
Kristian,
I have and it is a great resource. My intention is not to make that small area contain one of the rooms. It is 2x9. I am hoping to see if anyone has an idea of how to incorporate that area into PART of one of the rooms...tracking or control room.

Simply put, does anyone have an idea how to use the space. It is to scale.

Thanks

yea - Bookshelf, storage for tapes, microphones, cables, closet.

Or make a diagonal door so to increase one of the 2 feet walls to about 5 or 6 feet. and make an iso room. Everything is pretty small proportions so i you might not have a space to do this. but the diganol door will take away a couple 90 degree corners.

Attachments

• garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 113
i forgot to ask if my dimensions were correct. Im unsure of what he is asking and wanted to know if thats the dimensions he is working with.

well, i hope this isn't illegal

i took one of john's drawings and butchered it so you can get an idea of what i meant. hopefully he comes and corrects me. its "the garage studio 1" after being put throw some Ingolstadt surgery.

Attachments

• garage-1.jpg
    garage-1.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 122
haha, but i really didn't do anything much. If you take john's drawings and you just resize with the correct scale everything should be the same. In the "live" room i lost scale and just cut and pasted some stuff from his other floor plans. It was just an idea of how to utilise his space.

Thanks for the feedback so far...

What do you think of this? Am I way off having my studio wider than it is long?

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 94
That clears up our questions of dimension and doors. I would make the Live room a little bit bigger and the control room a little bit smaller incase you get to record drums. Which i hope you do because it really i the most fun thing to record.

Back