New F*ing Problem!

Showdown

OK, I upgraded to Sonar 2.0 XL. From CWPA9. Great. Super.

Now I'm getting this message:

"The following driver either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application.

Please choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyway.

Driver: SiS 7012 Wave"

I'm losing it!!! I'm going to put my foot through this f*cking monitor!!!!!!!! ARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

That is the same fing message I'm getting with fruity loops. I posted 2 back , no ans yet. I get it a lot when opening sonar also now that fruity is gone. I think it may have something to do with leaving out put 1/2 on in a midi track but I don't know.
I will follow this post if I find something I 'll let you know.

The SIS is a built in soundcard, right?

Don't use it with Sonar, as it won't work at all. Perhaps it's drivers are bad.

Get yourself another soundcard.

Do you have two soundcards? This message is usually due to having two soundcards with different type drivers (WDM vs MME) or different bit rate capability (16 bit versus 24 bit).

PA9 did not utilize WDM drivers, therefore a driver conflict would not have occurred in that application.

There are several solutions/workarounds. However, if you already have a better sound card, then I would do what Moskus said and just use the SIS for MIDI (or if you have an external synthesizer, then don't use the SIS at all).

I have the SiS 7012 Audio Driver, MPU-401 Compatable MIDI Driver, A Legacy Audio Driver (Not currently running anything), and a MCI Midi Sequencer card. Which one should I be using for Sonar.

Do I set the Legacy up to run the Sonar? And if so, how?

i have the same problem with my ESM soundcard on my laptop.

i have to change the driver bit depth to 16 instead of 24 for the built in soundcard.

I've had the same error message with my Terratec EWX 24/96 audiocard.

I posted recently asking why, but nobody really seems to know the reason for it. In my particular case, the driver was the EWX WaveRecMixer that was causing the prob. I disabled the pesky blighter and now all is sweetness & light :)

I have no idea why it causes such a fuss, possibly the WaveRecMixer is for input only not for output - yet the driver appears in both lists in HS2002.

My bit depth has defaulted to 16-bit and I've never changed it. Sampling rate also defaults to 44.1kHz and is unchanged.

Maybe I should e-mail William Henry Gates III and see if he knows the reason :)

--
BluesMeister

OK, I've removed the pop-up that informed me 'Audio Driver Error: The following driver(s) either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application'.

To do this, I went into Options/Audio/General and selected -none- as the Playback Timing Master. I am now going to see what horrific thing I've just done...

I think there's a deeper problem here. It's not recognizing my audio card as an input, regardless of what my settings tell me. If I try to select a track and choose it's input, it doesn't give me an audio input choice.

Does anyone want to buy a computer? Because I'm as frustrated as a one legged dog in an ass-kicking contest.

try deleting the aud.ini file in your sonar folder. this should allow sonar to reprofile your soundcard when you start the program.if you still get the same pop up choose use drivers anyway.
go into options>audio> drivers profiles and try different settings under "stream >16 bit.
my internet computer uses 3bytes/sb card a 16bit card;my studio puter uses 32bitleft-justified/Motu,a 24bit card.
just repeat the process until the correct setting sticks and you should be able to lose that error message on startup.
you also have to make sure you have the audio driver bit depth in sonaris set to 16 bit if the soundcard is 16bit.
don't give up! a lot of us have had this exact same problem at one time or another,once you get past it you are good until you buy a new system,etc,maybe forever.
good luck,keith

The Light Goes On...

"The following driver either do not support the current audio format, or are in use by another application.

Please choose whether you want to disable them or use them anyway.

Driver: SiS 7012 Wave"
This error message pops up if I've been using another audio application prior to my CakeWalk session.:) Usually it's MusicMatch Juke Box playing MP3s that causes the grief - or if I've been fiddling with VirtualSampler3. So now we know it's no big deal;)

Really, I can't help you with the SiS audio card, if you follow the Problems With EWX 24/96 Card thread in the Computer Recording & Soundcards BB, you'll see I'm a bit pre-occupied at the mo' trying to solve a similar prob for another frustrated chappie, Sipi1910.;)

--
BluesMeister

Back