New Djent / Industrial Song - mix to check

Prospector

So Im creating music using virtual guitars and drums, here is my new song, can you tell me what need to be changed in the mix and what is ok ?
Thank you for any advice.

Last edited:
When the guitars come in the clash with the piano - seemed to make the piano almost inaudible. Seemed to be OK, when the piano came back in.

The crashes sound gutless on the beat about 2/3 of the way through the song (just after the vocal), when you switch to hi hats, the hi hat is actually louder. Or have you just got two hi hat sounds/positions? Either way it sounds a little odd.

Is the hiss at the start and the end intentional?

Is that a real vocal or artificial? Sounds fucking good for artificial if it is.

Well hiss was not intentional, actualy I wonder how to delete it in real time not cutting project after rendering ? Vocal samples are from Celldweller Sonix Producer Pack.
Thanks for advices.

Well hiss was not intentional, actualy I wonder how to delete it in real time not cutting project after rendering ?
Thanks for advices.

The simple way to try and cut it would be to use a gate. What DAW are you using? I find ReaGate in Reaper very easy to use.

Im using Reaper too. Thanks very much. I will fix it in the next song.

You should just be able to add ReaGate to your tracks as another FX and then tweak it to see if it works.

As a tip, play that first 1 second of the song on a loop and see where what level its at. If its at say -40. Set your gate to -38. Hopefully when your instruments come in you'll find them well above this level so they won't get affected by the gate.

Powodzenia!

What's the "bass" line starting around 2:05? It sounds like a very artificial bass guitar.

The vocals are probably a touch too forward in the mix.

The whole mix overall looks pretty squashed too.

I get that this is supposed to be an ethereal mix for the genre, but a bit too much reverb on drums, especially cymbals. Good song to make crazy love too!

Kind of a cool mix of techno and metal. I guess that's what industrial is? Sounds perfect for a videogame soundtrack. The instruments sound super processed but I think it works. The mix sounded good to me.

Back