new deep purple vid/concert, MKII in '84

Lol. No I don't wanna facepalm him. I wouldn't expect someone that's into Deep Purple to be into punk as well. It's just not natural.

Why not? There is good stuff in a all genre. It just aint Purple in colour....

The face palm was more about some one taking this all way too seriously. I quit giving a shit about best band worse band years ago. All I said to begin with was "no thanks, Purple are crap", they were and always will be.

From that era Zappa rools anyway...... and he couldn't sing but his bands could knock the shit out of anything before or since.

Why not? There is good stuff in a all genre. .

Not really. I can name a few genres that have nothing good.

Your average classic rock fan will never like punk. They're not wired that way. Punk was a middle finger to the standard arena ego bands, and those fans hate punk forit. Think of all the people that have hated punk through the years. They're all fans of the tired ass guitar solo/guitar hero. That's okay. Punks don't want those kinds of people at their party anyway. :p

And for the record, just for clarification, I really tried to like Deep Purple. I feel like I probably should like them, but I just don't. In fact I listened to them just the other day. It just doesn't do anything for me.

lol are they all genre now...:D

I guess. There are a lot of metal and "core" genres and sub-genres. Take a word, and stick it in front of metal or core, and there's a genre. Blood-metal. Scream-core. Chicken-metal. Apple-core. All genres. All suck.

And for the record, just for clarification, I really tried to like Deep Purple. I feel like I probably should like them, but I just don't. In fact I listened to them just the other day. It just doesn't do anything for me.

Back in the seventies when I was a young pup you HAD to fit into one of several camps... Zep, Purple, ACDC, Iggy/Bowie... I loved em all cept Purple. Went to see them a few times and it just reinforced it. Felt the same way about Sabbath but I've come to have a soft spot for them. I was big into Hawkwind upto about 79...

My life a musical taste just moved on thats all. Purple never featured, most other bands did...

I guess. There are a lot of metal and "core" genres and sub-genres. Take a word, and stick it in front of metal or core, and there's a genre. Blood-metal. Scream-core. Chicken-metal. Apple-core. All genres. All suck.

I guess Purple fit into the Suck-metal genre then...

I guess Purple fit into the Suck-metal genre then...

I don't know. They wouldn't be so bad to me if their 7 minute songs weren't loaded with 5 minutes of pointless organ solos, bass noise, and prog crap noodling. Cut all that stupid shit out and I could listen to it.

I don't know. They wouldn't be so bad to me if their 7 minute songs weren't loaded with 5 minutes of pointless organ solos, bass noise, and prog crap noodling. Cut all that stupid shit out and I could listen to it.

You've just described Queen or ACDC...

or more importantly The Who..

I don't mind that stuff with The Who because I think Pete used synths more as a tool and effect than a solo instrument. The synth running throught Won't Get Fooled Again isn't some swirly organ solo. But yeah, it can get tiresome in their stuff too. I prefer the early early Who stuff.

Not really. I can name a few genres that have nothing good.

Your average classic rock fan will never like punk. They're not wired that way. Punk was a middle finger to the standard arena ego bands, and those fans hate punk forit. Think of all the people that have hated punk through the years. They're all fans of the tired ass guitar solo/guitar hero. That's okay. Punks don't want those kinds of people at their party anyway. :p

I hear ya about the 5 minute solos and the Guitar god thing, when I listened to it, it was still new. Problem was, it became standard and it got old. I have to agree.

But punk on the other hand, gave everyone the finger until they started making money and it became cliche' as well. I saw a Rolling Stone article of one of the early punkers living in a mansion in England. Right, middle finger my ass, jealousy is more like it.

The only genre that didn't sell out was rap and hip hop. They told you up front, I wanna make the money and live large. They made no bones about it. I don't like it, but they tell you this pretty much upfront.

I was OK with the banter just having some fun, then the YOU word was used. That is someone going personal. I think that is uncool.

Queen maybe, but there are no 5 minute organ solos in AC/DC songs.

I was referring to the fact that mostly they don't do all those pointless noodling solo shit. The shows that I saw that Queen ACDC and the Who did was fast a punchy.... Purple just wanked off a load of extended hits. Queen dont do 5 minute organ solo's either.

Having said that. I was/am a huge fan of The Doors..:cool:

Back