New DBX mini mic pre???

James, I assume the Bellari model you're referring to is the MP105.
The one I own has a fairly loud 60hz hum from the wall wart so I
use a "hum eliminator" to make it sound acceptable.

Yeah Alan,

If all other things are equal, DBX may just want in on what they perceived as a good thing. If DBX improves on just one factor (price, performance, etc.), then they will eat into ART's market even more. Especially if they offer dealer incentives ("Why not get the DBX, it's exactly the same as the ART (not to mention I get $10 extra if you buy it...)").

Right. I got your point on the "something different." What fun is it for us if they're just copying something that's already out there? I wanna see NEW and BETTER toys! :D :D

Matt

A litle bit off the topic, but what the hell happened to rack mountable gear??? These new products are small in themselves, but if you have a few of them, they take up so much unnecessary space since they usually have to be placed side by side on a table or a shelf. Besides, when they're not attached to anything, you really have to be careful moving aroud anything you have connected to them, such as a mic. Otherwise, chances are they'll end up falling on the floor and breaking.

IMHO rack mountable gear looks and feels ten times more professional than all these small boxes.

Cheers
/Henrik

Me too...

I can't even begin to tell you how much I despise desktop gear. But people like it for some odd reason. They do make great targets when I go out shooting though.

PULL!

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com
"Jazz, pfffft...They just make it up as they go along."
-Homer Simpson-

Back