new dbx 160 blue or silver series

djessence

just saw something about their new line their releasing. i think it's the blue series, but maybe silver. anyways, does anybody know anything about the quality of these yet, or anything else for that matter?

A little late...

The Blue Series has been out for a few years now and is quite wonderful. The 160SL Stereo Compressor, and the 786 Stereo Pre-amp are part of the Blue Series. The Silver Series hybrid tube units have also been out for a few years now as well. The 586 is a stereo pre-amp, the 566 is a stereo compressor, the 576 is a mono pre-amp on one side and a mono compressor on the other, that can be used together or seperately.

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

"Jazz, pfffft...They just make it up as they go along."
-Homer Simpson-

What then is the 160S

I think I saw something about a 160S. Is that correct and if so, what is the difference between a 160S and a 160SL. Is one a later versoion of the other, earlier version, simultaneous versions of each other in alternate universes? What is the story? And.....What about the 376, is that part of the "silver" series or have I purchased a "sort of" "almost" "wannabe" type device?

>I think I saw something about a 160S. Is that correct and if so, what is the difference between a 160S and a 160SL.<

The 160sl is the later version with AutoVelocity, otherwise they are identical.

>What about the 376, is that part of the "silver" series or have I purchased a "sort of" "almost" "wannabe" type device?<

It is part of the Silver Series it is kind of a mono "channel strip" version of the 576, except with some added features (digital, de-ess).

Tom Cram
dbx Senior Technical Support
(801) 568-7530
tcram@dbxpro.com

"Jazz, pfffft...They just make it up as they go along."
-Homer Simpson-

Back