New DAW?

Damian227

I've been using Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for years as it's very simple to use. Multitrack, click record on a channel and away you go. Then it has several quality presets and easy to custom reverb.

But to upgrade my DAW, I had a go on Cubase 5.1 (my friend has a copy on his pc) and well... I couldn't figure out anything. All i wanted to do was record a vocal file, but when I tried to record a second wav in the multitrack, it erased my first one too.

So are there any more easier to use DAW's that support 24bit as CEP2.1 only accepts 16 or 32 and 99% of plugins that are supposed to work with it... don't.

Sounds like you need to get Cockos Reaper. I don't use it, but it is the easiest DAW to learn BY FAR. Very good DAW. Download the trial at reaper.fm

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll download the trial and see how I like it.

I just found Cubase 5 had 17832750247647632 things that I'd never ever need, thus was overwhelming when trying to find the basics that I did need. This DAW seems stripped down to the essentials, so hopefully it'll serve as a great replacement for the well dated CEP2.1

Thanks again

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll download the trial and see how I like it.

I just found Cubase 5 had 17832750247647632 things that I'd never ever need, thus was overwhelming when trying to find the basics that I did need. This DAW seems stripped down to the essentials, so hopefully it'll serve as a great replacement for the well dated CEP2.1

Thanks again

Sure thing pal :D

The cool thing is that Reaper SEEMS stripped down to the essentials. That way it's easy workflow, but you still have a lot of things to use.

I started on Cubase LE and now I'm on C5 and I really love it.

If your only problem is getting the basics sorted then what can I say ... work it out and I'm sure you'll never question why you're using it.

Like yourself, I found Cubase too difficult to learn. I started out about 3 years ago with Mixcraft 3 and have bought the upgrades as they came out.
I now have Mixcraft 5 and love it.
But.................
In all honesty, it may have been the wrong move. Mixcraft and some other easy to use DAWs is designed for dinosaurs like myself but in the long run they get in the way of learning.
Steinberg, despite their ruthless sales tactics, do produce much superior software. This results in applications which are much less taxing on your computer which in turn, leads to better recordings and a fuller knowledge of the process.
I've decided to start learning Cubase now but it's hard to spend the time on it when I know that I can already do it on Mixcraft.

Like Jim Lad said, Mixcraft is a good program. I don't think I would use it for serious music production but it's what I started on before moving on and it's a solid, cheap, and user friendly product. I now use Sony Acid Pro 7 after using Sony Music Studio 6 for a number of years. I would say that Acid Pro is probably more than what you're looking for but Sony Acid Music Studio is solid, user friendly, and the program is pretty straight forward and easy to learn.

Keep your cubase 5-please ,please.please keep it.
youtube some videos on how to use it. it is easy once you play with it like any other daw. Look at your settings. (something is not correct if you have problems recording).watch the set up tutorials on youtube.

as far as reaper, it is a great deal,but you can apply that money else where, when cubase does everything reaper does and more.

I am not knocking reaper,it is a steal in price and a good daw.

Back