New Darq city stuff from sophmore LP need feeback on master

chalin27

Okay I have mastered about half of the CD so far. The one problem thats being discussed is that the masters are too loud. They are compared to the orginals but dont know just by hearing them without the originals how they sound. I would just like to hear your opinions on whether they sound all over the place. I'm gonna master them again anyway but just would like some other opinions.

These 2 songs are 2 singles from the LP basically all the other songs are similar. Also would like to know if you think these are definite singles thanks

The 2 songs are "Race against time" and "God's work"

www.soundclick.com/hotsounds

Also IMO this is his bet effort yet I cant wait to get this joint released.

This is a damn coincidence. I got on the forum just now to PM you asking where I could hear more Darq City... no lie. I'm lovin' "The Timber." I'll check these out in a little bit when I'm blazed. BTW, so you got any more info??? website? purchase info?

-Springfield

I gotta say, I'm not feelin' them as much as the others on that site. Yeah, a little too loud and all over the place also. It's weird because the beats are hot and the lyrics are hot, but it just doesn't come together. Like oil and water almost... to me.

I really don't know how you would make them come together... maybe remix them. actually they sounded a little like remixes to me.

Or maybe they're good, I don't know. I'm fucked right now.

-Springfield

“Race Against Time” – Loving this track right here…everything about it except the mix. Seems way too middy and weak on the low end. Still, this is a real hot song.

“God’s Work” – Wild beat. The verses and hook are real tight, but they don’t flow together right with the tempo change. Sounds like it needs a transition section between the two.

As far as singles, I think “Timber” has more commercial appeal. All solid tracks though…gonna be a hot album.

Good stuff guys thanks really needed to hear these things. These are from a new LP. Timba is from the first one. Its still for sale wasnt sure about selling it online yet because we still dont have a website. I hate depending on folks. I'm Not very good with the internet stuff. :( I'll hit you with a pm when I have something though.

Race Against Time - I agree with Stray. it is pretty hot song wise but also levels wise according to my FW1884.

God’s Work - the beat is a lil to abstract for my taste so wont really comment

Thanks HI. Is it really hot like where it just stays at zero and there is no movement or are are you talking about clipping?

I'd have agree with Stray, as far as the mix goes. On "race against Time" you might want to bring the vocals up, and pull your mids in that sample back. The mix on "God's work" is more even.....What's up wit that "losin' my mind" cut, that "Only a Man" cut, them joints is SICK. Hip hop needs more joints like that. Check the mix on those two. Try to get a balance like them cuts.

The losin my mind cut was produced my brother who's in SC with his group he works with. The only a man cut is my joint off my only LP. I plan on puting the whole LP on the site soon. Both of those were recorded and mix in my studio

Thanks for the feedback. I dont really have control over the mix since I did not record or mix it. I'm mastering the whole CD though which why I'm trying to get this straight before I continue with the rest. I will tell city about what you thought though. Not sure if he will record them again at my studio or not. He did record half of his sophmore LP at my place.

Back