New Cover - Shock Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

maximusbs

Brad Smith Music
Kiss was my first taste of hard rock when I was a kid and I've been an Ace fan since. I had to try this to see if I could do it. I had some help from Dave DeWhitt (Paul Stanley) and Joe Mizzi (Gene Simmons). I'm still lookin' for Peter :). You can be the judge if I pulled it off.

Last edited:
Yikes, them vocals be bad, even by Ace standards. Lol. You shoulda done it in a different key or something. :D

The solo and arrangement is note-for-note perfect. I'm not crazy about the mix or guitar sounds. Too "metal" sounding. The guitars should be more Plexi and less JCM2000. The whole mix seems roomy and awash with the reverb.

this is your best vocal one yet Joe...brilliant ;)

I dont know Kiss, so dont know this at all...the drums have too much reverb I think, I know its the sound you're going for but theyre not big enough to handle all that 'verb...the guitars sound great to me, bass is good as well...the vocals are quite a bit off, which is strange as you're a far better vocalist generally Brad...id give this another go in the vocals dept

Well, I agree, it was hard to hit (actually miss) some of those high notes - thanks for the brutal honesty, but I don't think my voice is gonna get better in any key.

The solo was hard to get right. I don't like the guitar sounds on the original Kiss recording of the tune -too fuzzy. I like my sounds way better , personally. And there was no 'reverb' added to anything but the lead and a smidge on the bgvx. The drums are the SSD Zep- stone castle samples, a tad boomy.

now i feel bad...

seriously Brad Ive heard you sing way better...it may be something I suffer from too, when you just cant hear yourself missing it...Id definitely try a retrack as the overall tracks well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back