New Compressors!

drum bum

Scored an awesome deal on a pair of 1176LN's and an LA-2A from a studio getting rid of them. They have already had their power supply upgraded. I would have like to go with the Purple Audio unit that Fletcher recommended, but for $1500 for all three, I couldn't pass them up. My compressor collection is growing:

2 1176LN's
1 LA-2A
6 RNC's
2 Distressors
2 dbx 160A's

There are a few more on the list, but I'm well on my way.

Outlaws said:
This is starting to get suspicious.................

Tell me about it. :D I just picked up a used Jaguar the other day for a couple grand. And the Chicago Art Museum was getting rid of a few of their original Warhals and Chagals, so i took 'em off their hands for a few grand. :D Figured I'd do 'em a favor.

I don't know why its suspicious. There is a local studio that is making several upgrades. They sold their old tape machines (went from MCI to Studer) some outboard gear (more than they needed), their old console (got an API). They were willing to sell it cheap because I know the owner and because they didn't want the hassle of selling on e-bay and shipping and all. As far as the garage sale, I just got really, really lucky.

Seeing as I spend a good 10 years "bargain hunting for gear" none of what Drum Bum has scored seems too far out of line... I once picked up 2x Neve 8014 consoles [16x 4x 16 consoles w/16x 1073's and 4x 2254's ea.] along with 4x Neumann U-47 tube mics, half a dozen U-67's and about a dozen U-87's for $30k USD... now that's a serious bargain.

Back