New Collab with Demensia...DYING FLAMES

W.I.S.C.

10lbs.of sh*t in 5lb.BAG
Hey all:

Demensia and I have a new song here.He sent me the music and I added vox,leads and samples.My son did the intro and gave me the title.This is also my first ever whammy bar solo.I borrowed my brother-in-law's Platinum Series Warlock.Sweet axe with a monster of a fretboard.

DYING FLAMES

Here are the lyric cuz I know sometimes I don't annunciate too well...

Dying Flames

Pried from our cold dead fingers
Watching from our lifeless eyes
So tired,so hungry wanting
Missing out on true demise
Watch...wait...breed...feed
It's riddle plagues the conscience
Burdened by our common lies
Written in backwards code
Encrypted for retinal scrutiny
And in time their children heed

How does it feel to kiss your fate
Uneneding pain to celebrate
Confined by what is in the past
Fueled by a hatred of the caste

So don't put your faith in me
Don't place your trust in me
Don't find your love in me
Never...

Creep into sanctions
Corrode the bonds in time
Weaken internal structures
Fracture the ties that bind
I heed the call...the paniced masses

Run!For your life
Hide!From your death
Deamons!Released from unfathomed depths
Hold!On to feart
Let go!Of hope
Just Pray!For mercy from the warrior pope
So don't put your faith in me...

I am forever
I live for your pleasure
despite all your enmity
I am the truth that lives out the lie
If not for me you die
I am the grief that follows the guilt
I'm the carress that smothers you
Sever your consciousness from your mind

Cool feel to this one. I really like the vox and harmonies. The harmonies are very interesting. You and Sam really write/record on the same lines.

I think you have some extra headroom to work with. I'd bring things up, especially the bass. Give it a real low end kick.

Maybe a bit (more?) reverb on the vocals?

Cool song. Good job.

WISC, pretty cool tune. Very creative stuff. The ending hurt my ears though.

I thought the vocal was too dry for the rest of the mix. I didn't sit very well.

Twist

Pretty cool!

Good collab! That intro is a trip. Very deceiving. Kicks right into the groove though. Not overdone.

The vocals could use some presence, and you could add a bit of bottom. Not much.

Nice riffin in there. Tone fits well.

What the hell is that sample at the end? Sounds like a scanner or a CB radio. Really hot & distorted.:eek:

Doooooooood! Man i really like that guitar riff.

When the harmonies kick in on the vox it's great stuff, it totally caught me off guard watch the vox after the 1:40 mark seems like something could be reviewed here but not sure what. Just feel that section could be stronger somehow.

The f/x vox are cool I always like demons and shit popping up in the tunes.

So that's where Demensia's been!

p.s. that Crying Kid has been making the rounds this week.

p.s.s. OHHhh damn Take down the level on that freakin white noise at the end!!

Hey man,
........Those verses surrrrrrrrrre sound like sam singing. .....trippy. The choruses sound way dry man. I like a real dry vocal ala' helmet, but for that- the performance has to be dead-shit on the money. Dont get me wrong, these vocs sound cool.... but i would either grease up the chorus vocs..... or re-trackem for tightness. Nice tune btw. Very cool collaboration.

Cool Tune
Has the Sam feel....

I would also like to hear more bottom/Bass definition.

It almost sounds like the low end was sucked out. The other sounds are full.
Great FX and tones.

Nice Job.

jcmm

Some awesome ideas in this one guys. Cool riffs and vox. Not 100% sold on the guitar tone, except the leads. I would cut some of the lows out of that lead guitar, though. Did anyone else get an "Alice Cooper 2003" feel from this? I like it. Shorten that damn outro. It scared my daughter;)

mbuster said:
Did anyone else get an "Alice Cooper 2003" feel from this?

Ozzy reborn......well....almost anyways....

Good job fellas.....
Guit tone sounds like a j-station or a POD.....
very cool.....

Rock on ThrashMaster dudes!:cool:

Those vocals rule! You have a great voice for this type of music.

Reminds me of Black Sabbath (the band) and Sam's stuff all rolled into one, except, at the same time, it has your identity on it. Cool mixture!

Sounds real good over here!

:D

MMM-Thanx.My main influence would have to be Sam.I've been around him for a very long time and have seen his style change and evolve from a very angry soul.I liked him better when he was pissed at the world,but that's just me.Anyway,as far as the low end of the music goes I'll have to have Demensia send me a new mix(ironically Sam said the exact same thing the first time he heard it).

twist-Yea,the end was meant to give an ear jones and to be disturbing and out of character with rest of the song.I'm working on a new mix with that shit at the end shorter and heavier FX on the vox cuz so many people said it needed more.Thanx for the listen...

M.Brane-Yup.I'm taking your advice (again) and will be boosting the low end of the vox.Thanx for clearing that up for me.You ROCK!!

Khompy-I'm fixing the end.The intro is actually me tickling my son,then I cut it up a little,added FX...I hear ya abou the vox.I'm still trying to get my sound.Recordings are usually done in spurts,with much time inbetween songs,so the settings are different for every one.Glad you dug it...I have no idea where that freak is.Maybe he's ascarte to come out and play...

Guernica-Yea,I think my name is Lucy but they all call me loose.I'm gonna try that chorus thing you mentioned.Time is of the essence during my recording sessions.The window at times doesn't allow for alternate takes.The story of my life...Thanx for tuning in.

jcmm-Yea those issues are being addressed.I'm just a B.Sab wannabe I guess...but I think he stole...nah...I'm the thief here,(Wiggam voice)HA-HA.

mbuster-The leads were done thru the J-Station and that thing is naturally low end heavy.I'll see what I can do.You guys really know how to give a guy lots of xtra mixing duties.Tanx fer nuttin...NOT!!!Thanx for the ear time and the input,it's all good...in da 'hood.

joro-Jeeze,...never heard that before.Actually if I got paid to have people say that I'd buy a giant piece of property and have a BBS picnic 10 times a year.Got a gig tonight,I'll let you know how many people tell me that.I hated it at first,cuz I don't even listen to Ozzy that much,but now...whatever.Maybe I'll get on TV like him...(YEA RIGHT!)You nailed that J-Station thing ,too...you win a headless cupie doll

boydrj-Ya snuck in there just before I finninshed.My next song will feature me blatantly ripping off Sam's sound as well as his music...tetehehetehe...Thanx for your input and such.

Very Samicide.......that's a good thing BTW.......
pretty much agree with the comments.......needs more bass and really, more of everything in the rhythm section (except the drums) the rhythm gits need to be more defined to my ears.....nice guitar work.....cool lead.......horrible ending.......geez, blew my tweeters....(not really)
Cool song and a very nice collab......thanks for sharing this.

Re: Adding bottom

M.Brane-Yup.I'm taking your advice (again) and will be boosting the low end of the vox.Thanx for clearing that up for me.You ROCK!!

That comment about adding some bottom was for the mix as a whole, not just the vocal!

Sorry, should have been more clear about that.:o

Viscious!! Ok, the part I liked best was that tone on the guitar when it swirls up out of the wound strings and screams. The vocals were fine, but like brane said, a little more punch. Rythyms were wide good. I couldnt define the bass line like I like. The drums were damned good, I like that backside counterrythym to the guitar riff. I was lookin for a little more subsonics in the chest but it was good... The intro was an intersting twist, good but the delay taps seemed to be amping at about the the same level as the input and tended to trip over each other. One hell of an arrangement.. and I dont even listen to this stuff :)

I have returned!

So that's where Demensia's been!
Nah, this has been a work in progress for a while.. Ive been around, just caught up in alot of other things. Chasing this girl seems more important than anything else right now for some reason. I still havent forgotton about you, but Im afraid Khompy... I still dont want to sleep with you. Totaled my car and have been running around to insurance companies and blah blah... All kinds of fun shit to do. In the eternal words of my friend and mentor Eor, "Oh Bother. Thanks for Noticing Me".

I have no idea where that freak is.Maybe he's ascarte to come out and play...
Sorry dude, that chicks no joke.. Your mom I mean. She showed me all kinds of things I didnt know were possible. I especially like that thing she does with her legs.. thats the good stuff.

Anyway,as far as the low end of the music goes I'll have to have Demensia send me a new mix(ironically Sam said the exact same thing the first time he heard it).
You just tell me what you need homie. More bass you want, more bass it is. Muahahahaha!

It almost sounds like the low end was sucked out.
It was. Im listening on Studiophile SB-5s so I figured.. multiply any little bass you hear by 1,010 and that should probably acuratly represent the low end. There was alot of bass so I sucked it all out. It appears as though my theory is incorrect.

Guit tone sounds like a j-station or a POD.....
I think this was right before I bought my pod, it was actually a digitech rp100.. 2 tracks with different distortions. The leads are all WISCs insanity.

I was listening to STP when I wrote this and I heard scott wyland all over it.. I knew from the last Collab that WISC would do something nutty with it.. but jesus christ, I almost shit my pants when I heard this the first time. The drums are the same loops as the last tune.. Well obviously not the same loops, but loops from the same set.

I got to give it to WISC here because this tune came out far better than I ever heard it in my head. Sounds like Pink Floyd meets Ozzy...

Tunes Killer. I still havent had the time to listen to it critically but as soon as I do, Ill let you know man.

And way to spell my name right this time!

- Demensia.

Lt.Bob-Thanx Lt. !Those issues are being addressed...

M.Brane-OK!Thanx for the intrest and effort

Jake-Wow!Approval from you is a milestone.Please continue with your honesty and straitforward approach to critiquing.Flame 'em if you gotta!

Toki987-Yea,maybe they are tripping over each other but I still fell the overall effect is still,well...effective.A matter of opinion I suppose.Glad you liked it even if it wasn't your cup of tea! :D :D

Demensia-Yor gonna get it...ggrrrhhh.Just send me the next tune so I can write it about your mom.And BTW Eor is a fag.Every day he gets nailed in the ass.His tail is nailed to his ass.He's a closet homo,that's why he's so depressed.Read McFoley's book,he goes off on the whole Whinny the Pooh thing.It's a great read.Just send me the next tune,be sure to crank up the bass on it!

nice stuff. i thought i was listening to sam for a second. i really like the vox. very clear and up front. nice harmonies. i dig.

Back