New Build

Didn't they have 21 frets in 60?

PDP, it is nice, I'm sure they will like it.

What wiring have you done?
I'm sure they did, This neck was only 50 bucks and its actually pretty nice to play. I couldn't afford to spend a lot on a neck. Overall it came out pretty good. Standard wiring. I never considered cutting off the 22nd fret I guess I could have ? :)

No, you get the 21 fret neck...cut it off?
20210418_071429.jpg
I did the LSR roller nut myself.

All I got is a red guitar
3 chords and the truth
All I got is this red guitar
The rest is up to you..

Beware some of those budget necks are unfinished and the frets will cut you.

Do some custom wiring. There are diagrams online for anyhting. Variable half out of phase, tone cut, etc..

Last edited:
Jumping in here to ask a question.....sort of related to a build. I built a Strat style guitar a while back. I like it but I want to change it to a hard tail bridge. Yes...I know I can block off the trem...etc...etc.......but I'd like to install a true hard tail bridge. The ash body is extremely heavy so I could remove the trem block......and I don't use a trem. Of course....the body I used has the thru body cut out for the trem arm. Is there a hard tail bridge that I can buy that covers that part of the body cut out? BTW....I'd need a black bridge. I might be missing it but I can't find one like that.

A 2 cent question I've not been able to answer.

MickMickster Guitar Front.jpg

Get the bridge you want.

The 25.5" on 21 fret design is awesome. More room for the bigger hands. Big hands, I know you're the one.

Ok you get the hard tail bridge, what are you going to fill the cavity routing with? The body needs to be solid wood.

Try taping it on the front and filling the trem block cavity as a mould. Stew mac sells body filler.

I would use 5 springs. Lock it out.

Last edited:
Thanks Lazer. I'm not going to go crazy trying to cover the opening if there's no solution......but I can't think I'm the only person who's wanted to do this.....so there must be some solution out there. I do have it locked down with all 5 springs right now. I don't want to fill the cavity...at least not now. I'd keep it open in case I ever wanted to convert back. Just looking to try to cut some weight. This thing weighs MORE than my Norlin era pancake "76 Les Paul Custom....now that's heavy. And I want to see how a hard tail will sound. This guitar is an evolving experiment in building what I want so it needs to stay "fluid" as I go.

2 cents worth of....hey.....my first idea is not always my best.

Mick

No, you get the 21 fret neck...cut it off?
View attachment 109511
I did the LSR roller nut myself.

All I got is a red guitar
3 chords and the truth
All I got is this red guitar
The rest is up to you..

Beware some of those budget necks are unfinished and the frets will cut you.

Do some custom wiring. There are diagrams online for anyhting. Variable half out of phase, tone cut, etc..
I level, polish, and corner the frets so they don't have rough edges.

Back