New "Bubblegum" tune

Rockerbob

My friend, collaborator and bass player wrote this Bubblegum-pop tune. He programmed most of the drums and played bass. I rendered the other sounds.

WARNING!! This recording sounds aas old as we are!

Let me know what you think.

Hey...I think there is an audience for this...its like early 60's sound (I'm more into late 60's, early 80's)...It had energy and it sounded like you all were having fun making it and that came through in the recording...I would have never thought the drums were programmed, sounded like "real" drums...this doesn't make or break the song but I might would get rid of the cutting-in-and-out deal on "ride" or just do it on the very last syllable (instead of on all three syllables of "ride")...or maybe just do the cutting-in-and-deal once in the song, instead of three times (maybe just doing it the second time, close to the middle of the song).

Thanks for the comments. The tremelo on the vocals may be too much. I'll have to listen to it with that in mind. It's one of my favorites bits, and one of Carl's ideas. Kind of an homage to Crimson & Clover. Thanks again!

It's already been mentioned but,..nice job on the drum programming.
The tremolo is a no for me. I'd get rid of it all together. Only my opinion. I didnt like it in Crimson & Clover either though.

Take 'er easy,...
Calwood

Thanks for listening and commenting. I'm glad the drums sound good. We spend time on the drums to make them non-invasive.

Back