New Black Lamb tunes!!!!

jontflesh

Hello all!
Well for those of you who liked the 1st Black Lamb (formerly The Lambs) demo we just finished the new one! Sound is amazing.
We turned our bass players wharehouse into our own studio. Foam padded the hell out of all the walls and put the studio gear in a seperate room. This is what I know that we used, I am only a drummer so forgive me for being vauge.
Cakewalk 9.0
Wavelab 3.0
30 something track Eurodesk mainboard.
We also rented some old power amps to run the drums and vocals to before the puter. All the drums were mic'd and we used 2 overheads for the cymbals/Highhat.
After we mixed everything we ran it to a 1/4" Reel then back to the puter for burning cd's.
I have only uploaded two songs for free since we will actually try and sell the album. Anyway the two songs can be found at http://www.thelambsdenver.com/songs.html
Let me know what you think! If you want to buy a demo send me a email to jontflesh@thelambsdenver.com

Thanks !
Jon T. Flesh

I'm listening to Walk With Me, these are my first impression thoughts..these guitars sound really fucking good!. I would like to hear a more open drum sound on this one, everything (drums) seemd so dead. The bass sounds good too. I think the vocals are a little muddy at times.

Queen...again the drums, sounding really wierd to me right now. Guitars sound good (not as good as Walk). The performance is a little sloppy. the bass sounds pretty good at this point.

Walk With Me is really good. If you guys had done this 35 years ago, you'd've been compared to Cream or Zeppelin and such, at least up to the point where you changed the tempo of the song. But Cream had the vocals right out front there where you could hear every word. I like the instruments in the mix, and don't want to change them. What if the main vocal wasn't screamed/sung loud, what if the fucker was *whispered* or sung low right into the mic? I'm just trying to find a way you can keep the sound you get on the instruments AND get the vocals more prominent/listenable.

I like that weird falsetto guitar break too (or whatever it is).

Cool song. Reminds me of a cross between Sabbath, Danzig, and The Cult. The vocals could be clearer more in the front. Especially the back up vocals, they sound cool, but you have to strain to hear them. The bass could sit back a bit in the mix. Guitar sounds great. Drums way to tinty on the hi hat and cymbals.
It is a little sloppy in the performance but that makes it cool: don't change it!

The song is too long though. The bass part is cool, but the break is overkill. 30 years ago you could get away with that, but times have changed.

Back