new beat "When You On Top"

jugalo180

www.moneyistherecipe.com
Just a little joint I put together called "When You On Top" it's number 9. I still have some polishing that I want to do to it. This was all done inside of FL Studio.

WHEN YOU ON TOP

Last edited:
im feelin this joint son for real... people like u give me inspiration... rappers turned producers... haha our story is basicly the same so i love seein cats like me doin they thing haha..... i be on you in a minute on this production tip tho........ keep doin ya thing

I felt that - it was dope but there was something I'd like to suggest but don't know how. I hope this can describe what I'm getting at; the somewhat high-pitched synth sounds dope, but I think that it would sound even better if it had a two note sequence (that's repeated, so it's four notes in the end) added to it every other time it plays.

jibran said:
I felt that - it was dope but there was something I'd like to suggest but don't know how. I hope this can describe what I'm getting at; the somewhat high-pitched synth sounds dope, but I think that it would sound even better if it had a two note sequence (that's repeated, so it's four notes in the end) added to it every other time it plays.

thanks for peeping out the song, where do you think the extra notes should come into play at, the hook or verse? I think I have an idea of what your'e saying. I didn't want it to be too repetitive but at the same time I didn't want it to be too busy. maybe i'll have some time later to make some suggested changes. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in my own beat thus becoming bias so outside advice is always a blessing, thanks.

i say any extra notes should be in the hook..you dont want it on the verse...you want the vesre to have presence in the track..have the listener pay attention to the lyrics..

Fyre said:
im feelin this joint son for real... people like u give me inspiration... rappers turned producers... haha our story is basicly the same so i love seein cats like me doin they thing haha..... i be on you in a minute on this production tip tho........ keep doin ya thing

Thanks Fyre, I think at this point I enjoy producing as much as rapping. When ever I make a beat it's like i'm having my own little concert, lol.

bknot1 said:
i say any extra notes should be in the hook..you dont want it on the verse...you want the vesre to have presence in the track..have the listener pay attention to the lyrics..

True indeed.

bknot1 said:
That's what I'm saying - to put it in the hook. But the beat is hot as is and maintaining that makes sense so I feel what ya saying.

Hmm, it seems like my computer can't load the page. Could you up it on yousendit or something like that?

honestly i'm not feelin that 1. i have heard a lot better from you and i think the skits in there kill it, they are in there too much. other than that it's a dope beat

I thought the same about the skits but then I figured that they're probably there for copyright protection.

hmmm lets read from the top shall we...

jugalo180 said:
..... I still have some polishing that I want to do to it. This was all done inside of FL Studio.

DesertEase said:
honestly i'm not feelin that 1. i have heard a lot better from you and i think the skits in there kill it, they are in there too much. other than that it's a dope beat

The snippet jumps off with a 4 bar intro and then a 4 bar hook followed by a 16 bar verse and a 1 bar outro. The vocals are there not as a skit but I placed them there as the hook when they drop out the verse kicks in. I was thinking of a BoneThugs style hook to lay over that and of course the sample will be pushed to the back while the harmonized hook is sitting up front.

maybe i'll just live the sample in for the intro and take it out for the hook.

Last edited:
DesertEase said:
yea that would deff. work let us know when u post that ight?

jibran said:
Yeah, I think that would work.

ok, i'm going to wait until I get settled down from the move. Thanks for taking the time out to give me some feedback.

Back