New Backing Track Recorded on VF160

Axe4Yahweh

Well, since the band has basically decided to take the summer off, this ol Blues Rocker is doin Solo Gigs and needed more Backing Tracks. I had an ol Bass Playin Sidekick come over this evening and we got two of em recorded on the the Fostex.

I mixed this one on n-Track Studio after transfering the Tracks via CD. It's just a quickie mix and mixdown. This is a Heavy Blues Rocker as is the other one we recorded tonight.

His Hand On Me BT:

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1526/singles.shtml

Last toon.

Thanks in advance!!!

CR ><>

Sounds fine to me. Blues, a formula that works.

My only question is - why the hell did he have his hand on you?!?!?!?

RSM1000 said:
Sounds fine to me. Blues, a formula that works.

:cool: Ask and ye shall receive. The Lyrics:

His Hand On Me

Playin in the bar rooms gettin real high
Tryin to be a rock star I was livin on pride
When God would come knockin I would run
Say leave me alone Lord we're just havin some fun
But He never left, He had His hand on me
And turned my sins into misery

Then He spoke one night and said quit or die
You're killing yourself and livin a lie
You're drinkin and you're druggin and you're railin at Me
But I love ya so much I want to set you free
No He never left, He had His Hand on me
I believed the Truth and He set me free

Now we're rockin for the Rock and seeking no fame
Spreading the message in Jesus' Name
We are warrior priests under His command
Proclaiming the Word all across the land
No He never left, He had His hand on me
Through His Blood we have Victory

C.R. Atkinson
August 2000

CR ><>

That'll work!

Axe,
Good to see you're not taking the "vacation" too. Where are you playing? I'd like to try and catch you somewhere if it's not too far away.

BTW, check your PM.

bd

RSM1000 said:

You know, rsm, you answered your own question. Because if Axe didn't acknowledge the hand of God on him that is where he would end up. Hell. He has His hand on all of us. Some of us just haven't figured it out yet.

Re: That'll work!

bdbdbuck said:
Axe,
Good to see you're not taking the "vacation" too. Where are you playing? I'd like to try and catch you somewhere if it's not too far away.

BTW, check your PM.

bd
Mark;

This coming Sunday, June 29th, I will be playing a Block Party at Jackson Park here in Roanoke. I will also be providing sound for the Gig.

On July 18th, I'm flying up to MA to vistit for the weekend with my Fiancee. She's checking for Coffee Houses that have open mics so I will be taking the Portable Solo Gig Rig that I'm in the process of putting together.

I'm going to be doing Gigs as they come along and local open mics things every chance that I get.

I got the PM and I will work on getting you whacha need.

CR ><>

Gospel

I respect your beliefs, and I profoundly respect your right to hold them. I also feel that to communicate those beliefs through music is a wonderful thing to do. And it's right to post your music with that message here so that we can listen to it. The call and response of traditional gospel music is arguably the single most powerful, deep seated influence on the blues we all love. I don't know if you've seen U2's Rattle and Hum film - if you haven't , I implore you to get hold of it because in particular the use of a Harlem gospel choir on I Still Haven't Found verges on the spectacular.

But - and here is a but in the nicest, friendliest, most supportive possible way - I don't share your beliefs and my first reaction to your post above was to put a different point of view. Which would turn this into a religious debating forum. It then occurred to me that there are plenty of those and that this is not one of them.

I am of course only a newbie on this bbs, and don't want to sound presumptious, but I do hope you and your fellow Christians won't take it amiss if we keep to musical and not theological debate here.

I do like your music though:) (and bd's, and daughter bd's..., and all the rest)

Please take this in the spirit it was intended.

Best wishes

Garry

Garry,
I won't attempt to speak for gospel here. I only speak for myself when I say I respect your point of view because I am kind of a newbie to the Christian scene...fact is, I still have a long way to go. The good thing about this forum is that we all get along quite well regardless of our beliefs.

Peace,
bd

I respect the right of others to hold religieous views, though an atheist myself.

Let them all post is what I say, there muust be some Islamic home-recorders out there somewhere - come on, lets have a post!

The way I deal with it all is to ignore/scroll past posts which appear to have a Christian theme as I'm just not interested. Then again I did read this one, but it was the 'blues' and using backing CDs angle that caught my interest. I wondered if it was possible for an artist to play succesfully at live shows using backing CDs, rather than a live band. The response I've had before is 'not usuualy, except on the Christian music scene', this just seems to confirm that view.

:cool:

There's quite a few secular artists that use Backing Tracks locally and I know alot of Christian Artists doing the same. Most people that do this are playing Coffee House Gigs.

I have put a dedicated Solo Gig Rig together to do the solo thing. It's off topic here at the Fostex page so I won't go into details here. But let me say that with this rig, I can play anywhere from a Living Room Party and not blow everyone out of the room to a Large Outdoor Festival. And the best thing about this setup is that everything except my Axes fit in one Large Checkin Bag.

BTW, there is a new Backing Track up.

Valley Of Decsion

CR ><>

Back