New audio card

Hexatonica

Well, it´s been a long time since I post last time, i´m not a great poster (sure a great post reader), but i´ll keep reading this very helpful forum!

Well, this is the thing, I have a Sblive Platinum 5.1 (liveDrive Included) and my bro have an SbLive Value. Well, recently my brother buys an infernal motherboard that cames with a great sound card, so His SbLive will go to hell, but i thought that was a good idea to put his Sblive in my computer, take out my SblivePlatinum, sell it and buy a great card, something like Audiophlie or Delta 1010, i don´t really know, which is best, i know that depends on money, but i want to have one of those, (BOW TO ME, gigaslave.BOW TO ME, low latency!)

Well, please help me!

Thanx

Are you looking for a recommendation on what sound card to buy?

What is it you are recording? Guitar? Guitar and vocal? Entire band? How many instruments/vocals do need to record at a single time?

The Delta 1010 is a good card, which allows for up to 8 things to be recorded at once. However, you may not need that much.

Let us know what you are doing, and maybe we can help.

An infernal motherboard and a soundcard going to hell...LOL

Sorry Hexatonia, I couldn't help myself. This was too funny... :D

I'm afraid I can't help you here. I still don't know whether I should replace my Audigy and what I should buy if I do that.

Well i´m looking forward to build a home studio, so i will be recording at least, on bass, 2 guitars, keyboard, vocals. So, that´s the ticket!.
Let´s start over. I need Some advices...
Let´s see 1.Low latency audio card, i own a 1.2ghz athlon, 512 RAM.Recommendations??? Range from 4 in/out to 8 in/out

Now, despite the first question 2. Cards with 4in/4out?
Show me the merchandise, babe! the cards you consider best, i don´t care the money, i mean, i care a lot! but i want to see the choices...
3-The same as above cards 6in/6out
4-mmmm...boring shit! same - above - 8in/8outs

i hope this put the whole thing cristal clear...

and tell me what can i do with those Sblive cards! (i have to say, someday, SB DIES!!)

thanx!
I listen to Gentle Giant right now...What a band!

Good Audio Card

I used Audigy 2 EX for a long time and then tried MAudio Audiophile 2496 which was very reliable. M Audio is real good, depends on how many inputs and outputs you need both in analog and digital, you can choose your card. Also this audiphile can be used with your existing SB live card. You have so many options here, Echo Mia PC Digital Audio Interface is another good one. Select the card that really fits your needs.

Hexatonica said:
Well i´m looking forward to build a home studio, so i will be recording at least, on bass, 2 guitars, keyboard, vocals. So, that´s the ticket!.
Let´s start over. I need Some advices...
Let´s see 1.Low latency audio card, i own a 1.2ghz athlon, 512 RAM.Recommendations??? Range from 4 in/out to 8 in/out

Now, despite the first question 2. Cards with 4in/4out?
Show me the merchandise, babe! the cards you consider best, i don´t care the money, i mean, i care a lot! but i want to see the choices...
3-The same as above cards 6in/6out
4-mmmm...boring shit! same - above - 8in/8outs

i hope this put the whole thing cristal clear...

Oh yeah, Crystal clear!:rolleyes:

I think I'm gonna go for a Midiman Delta 1010. Looks superior. Don't know if I need all those INs thou. hmm. I KNOW I won't need them. I want a card that is heavily reliable with GigaStudio. Thats what I want. And as usual I'm prolly gonna spend alot more money than I have to.

If you KNOW you won't use the inputs, then DON'T get the Delta1010. Check out the Delta 44, Delta 66 & Audiophile...

And this card has GSIF drivers... ;)

How much benefit is there in going for balanced inputs? What are you guys thoughts on that? Assumes of course you are using some kind of mixer or other device with balanced outputs first. Does it make any difference in practice?

cheers

Better wiring means better SNR-ratio means better quality on recording...

But I don't have a card with balanced inputs. And I'm doing fine... ;)

I use balanced cables and inputs on my system. My recollection, though, is that it has more benefit when used with "longer" cable runs. The distance from my mixer to my sound card is only about 5 feet.

My thinking is it certainly can't hurt, and the extra cost isn't that exorbitant. However, I can't vouch for whether it is audible, since I've always used only the balanced stuff.

If you are going to making 20 foot runs or so, I think I would definitely go for balanced. Shorter runs have much less benefit and the decision is therefore less clear-cut.

OK!! THANX A LOT TO ALL OF YOU! (except Maestro dmc! the curse of pc speaker will forever rule ya! =))
I´ll stuck with the Inca88, audiophile 2496, M-audio delta 44...
I get idea that i can work COMFORTABLY with 4 channels.
Thanx

What about that terratec...something...??

OK!! THANX A LOT TO ALL OF YOU! (except Maestro dmc! the curse of pc speaker will forever rule ya! =))
I´ll stuck with the Inca88, audiophile 2496, M-audio delta 44...
I get idea that i can work COMFORTABLY with 4 channels.
Thanx

What about that terratec...something...??

Hi there,

Well, you might be in luck. I have a Delta Audio 66 for sale! I just got a Roland R-Bus mixer and a Delta R-Bus card, so I need to get rid of my Delta66.

It works perfectly in my Windows XP (VIA chipset Althlon 2100+) system.

I'm in Canada, and willing to deliver to the US.

I'm asking CDN$430 (approx. $US290) for the card. This includes the manual, box, cables etc.

Feel free to send me PM.

If this post is inappropriate, I apologize.

Cheers, and peace...

Paul

sputnikcdn said:
I'm asking CDN$430 (approx. $US290) for the card.
Sorry to say, that's not excatly cheap... You could get a brand new card for that price (in the States, that is). Proof is here...

But if you were in Norway, I could get that card for that price... ;)

...and Hexatonica is in Argentina. :rolleyes:

Hex, the Delta's are good cards. If you want low latency though, you should be using WinXP or Win2K as your operating system, and the WDM drivers for the Delta (or ASIO as well, I guess, if you are using Sonar)

Back