New at this Drum Machine world...

Neotrix

Hi, I just bought myself a Dr 670 today and so far, it's great.
However, Im having trouble of taking out the bass part. I just need the drum itself.
Anyone?

i Just got my DR-880 and im having a hard time getting to grips with it.

I have never used a drum machine before and i`m trying to structure an entire song on it but cant figure out how to do it.

I am used to using fruity loops for composing rhythm and drum scores where you can create short drum sections then loop them together. for an entire song.

anyone have a link for an ultra simple guide on how to program drum machines ? :D this newfangled stuff is driving me insane :eek:

never mind i figured it out after some fresh black coffee and about 6 hours with a typical roland/boss manual ;)

New to Drum Machine

cortexx said:
never mind i figured it out after some fresh black coffee and about 6 hours with a typical roland/boss manual ;)

Hi, Cortexx

I'm a newbie on Computer Recording and would like to accept
a learning curve on modern Drum Machines, would you recommend
any one in particular? I have some MIDI experiences in the past but
not long enough, I though am feeling that I could get by.

Anyone with long time Drum Machine experience please jump
right in......I am looking a Drum Machine which is not so hard to control
easily rythm composing with nice quatization.

I'm a newbie on Computer Recording and would like to accept
a learning curve on modern Drum Machines, would you recommend
any one in particular? I have some MIDI experiences in the past but
not long enough, I though am feeling that I could get by.

Anyone with long time Drum Machine experience please jump
right in......I am looking a Drum Machine which is not so hard to control
easily rythm composing with nice quatization.

You just have to learn how to use it man. Kind of like learning how to drive. I got a Dr. Rhy 670 and was making beats in a matter of hours. My only previous experiences with a drum machine were putting preset loops together.

I just purchased a DR-670 a few weeks ago.

It's really not too hard to learn. I gave the manual a read-through and then waded in. Yesterday I composed my first full "song" (as defined in the manual), about three minutes worth using nine patterns + fills of my own composition, and successfully recorded it onto my TASCAM 2488.

I'll be delving into customizing the drum kits next.

It's a cool unit, I like it. :)

Hi sorry about the delay in replying

I went for the DR-880 right from the getgo. It was a pretty steep learning curve only because I didnt immediately grasp the composition method, once I had a clue it was much easier.

One thing i dont particulary like about the boss machines is the menu system , its incredibly clunky, i spend most of my time navigating the menus rather than entering the data . I would like to see Roland or boss come out with an interface to use on the computer using its USB connectivity to get around this.

The sounds were very realistic, so much so that I dont use them , i use it to trigger sounds on my synths for bass and purcussion ( i like trance , electonic music ).

I HATE AC adapters , with the price that the unit costs it would be realistic to expect internal power supplies.

Other than a few minor gripes its a decent unit, I would replace it if The thing blew up etc. ;)

kreativedreams4: It boils down to what you are looking for and the type of music you are into but for the most part, I dont even use the sequencers built into the drum machines I use since having everything in midi and Cubase is alot easier the fiddling with some clunky onboard sequencer

Back