New Adobe version

goat_reserves

I'm wondering about the new version of cool edit. I've read on reviews its much more stabel and has a lot of great features. But I was talking with a friend who says they did some beta testing on the new version and said it was a lot less stabel. Is the new version worth paying 300 smackers for?

Jonah

to me Adobe Audition 1.0 looks exactly the same and performs exactly the same as CEP 2.0, actually it has one NEGATIVE I find in comparison, the volumes only go up to 24 instead of 32 as previously.

I started using CEP 2.0 when it first came out, 2.1 when it first came out, Adobe Audition when IT first came out....all have been very stable, except when I added a Tascam US428. My computer (Win 98SE) started freezing up when I got up to about 10 tracks or so. I have now upgraded to a faster motherboard/processor and XP, and I work 5-6 hours a day on recording & mixes without a problem. If only my computer had been as stable as CEP!

I've just started using Audition side by side with Cool Edit 2.1. They seem pretty interchangeable to me. The only differences I've noticed so far:

* Audition takes longer to load

* Levels go up or down in increments of .1 dB in Audition, which I like better than the quantum jumps in 2.1.

* The Audition icon associated with file names is ugly LOL.

Yup. And NP too. (No problems, with the irritating exception of Audition associating its ugly little icon with *every* Cool Edit file. I probably had the option in setup *not* to have that happen, and missed it...)

Thank everybody so much! I've been using 2.0, I actually just went out and bought it for $159 even! I got a great student discount. My computers actually down right now (I'm using my roommates) But I'm looking forward to using it. Thanks every one!

dobro said:
Yup. And NP too. (No problems, with the irritating exception of Audition associating its ugly little icon with *every* Cool Edit file. I probably had the option in setup *not* to have that happen, and missed it...)

NP?

I have Spin Audio's VST-DX Wrapper pro. What it does is converts VST plug-ins to DX.

With 2.0, I would say 1/2 of my VST plug ins would work. One that comes to mind that did not work was Amplitude. It would lock up. Others were problematic as well.

Since I've upgraded to Adobe Audition I have not had any problems what so ever. A big down side before to me about Cool Edit was it did not support VST. I used to use Cubase and had a lot of VST plugins, so it was a tough switch.

Now I feel I'm able to use them all, and I prefer the layout of Cool Edit/Audition.

Back