New Acoustic Track

an1989dy

This is a track I did for a friend of mine in a local studio I have been working out of. We just finished up this mix and a few others for an EP, and are currently working on a full length. Just wondering what anyone thinks, good or bad.
You can check it out here: http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/file.php?id=17846
Any feedback on it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sounds really good but.........when the panned guitars come, they sound too different from the first one, like disconnected. Its kinda shocking a little bit. Also, I would turn the the voice up a little and don't make the reverb automation on the voice so obvious. All in all, the recording is very nicely done. I like it a lot.

Sounds really good but.........when the panned guitars come, they sound too different from the first one, like disconnected. Its kinda shocking a little bit. Also, I would turn the the voice up a little and don't make the reverb automation on the voice so obvious. All in all, the recording is very nicely done. I like it a lot.

Thanks! I agree, the panning is a bit distracting. We were just trying to make it sound a little bigger than it was. Really helpful, thanks again

I second the stereo thingy. IMHO messing with the stereo space to make something sound bigger usually works out bad. Better to leave that space alone and just add more layers of guitar instead. Still sounds excellent and I doubt the average listener would nit-pick so much.

Thanks! I agree, the panning is a bit distracting. We were just trying to make it sound a little bigger than it was. Really helpful, thanks again
Hearing it again, I think its a matter of eq of the first guitar and the level of it. If you have the center guitar track recorded for the whole song, I would leave it in even in the chorus so it doesn't sound so disassociated. Don't get me wrong, I really like this.

Hearing it again, I think its a matter of eq of the first guitar and the level of it. If you have the center guitar track recorded for the whole song, I would leave it in even in the chorus so it doesn't sound so disassociated. Don't get me wrong, I really like this.

Awesome,
Its actually one guitar playing the whole song, and when the chorus parts come in, a doubled part comes in and the panning automation is set to spread the two parts hard left and right. I think fine tuning the automation to not seem so dramatic would iron it out a little too.

Back