-> Nevermind, EDM producer, my relation to music <-

RealNevermind

I could make an unprersonal biography. I could tell you that I have always been interested in music and have been playing drums, guitar and also been singing a little. My primary interest has always been to create my own music, for example, I know the name of 6-7 chords on guitar but have written 20 complete songs with all different kinds of chords. I could tell you I produce everything from House to Drumstep But I want you to know what I really feel about music.

I am a 22-year old swedish producer that found my love in EDM about half a year ago. I had been DJ'ing for aprox. a year, but it was when I was in rehab for my drug abuse I started to create music. I've been clean and sober for about a year now, and it's all thanks to the music. It gives me the possibility to channel my creativity somewhere and producing has a calming and meditative effect on me. It made and makes my soul feel alive.

I'm a restless soul with millions of ping-pong balls dressed as thoughts bouncing around in my head. With the drugs, I became calm for the first time in my life. Felt like I could breathe. But as you all understand I got myself in more trouble than I could handle.

Now, for the first time in my life I have a goal and I feel like I have something to fight for. I want to create music for the world to listen to, I believe that if I put my heart and soul into this it will give me a daily return as it feeds my soul and makes me happy. And in the long run, I hope to be able to make a living as a producer. As it is now, I am working as a waiter/server part time and studying music production and sound design part time. I hope to make a name, beeing able too live from the income of music only. Making the big bucks is not a goal of mine, as I value other things in life more than money.

I am looking forward to posting my music here and get the help from you to become a better musician. In the same way, I want to help you if I ever can.

Best Regards Simon AKA Nevermind

Hi Simon,

I do music for a living, have been for a little over 6 years. Sound design is great (imo). I've done some work with a lot big companies and produced background music for a lot of different TV stations. It can be a little frustrating at times, but stick with it.

School is great, but make you're always creating. Try to get some trench work in (as much as you can) this way when you graduate you have experience. I have friends who graduate from these huge universities/tech colleges and can't get a job because they have no real world experience.

Stay in tune with the industry and keep doing what you love , I'm sure it'll work out fine.

Hi Simon, and welcome.

Two things come to mind from your intro...

We have penty of music forums and a substance abuse forum (believe it or not), so if you feel like sharing your experiences there's a place for ya.

Also, I know you said you aren't out to make big bucks, but music is the kind of industry now where it can be a real challenge to break even or even make enough for smokes.
It's very very easy to get disheartened, so in your head think of it as a hobby and a passion first, and definitely put the focus on money second.

That's not to say money can't be made, but you're one in a million and not the good kind. ;)

PS: There's an mp3 mixing clinic, so feel free to get your post count up and drop a few links for us to hear.

Hi, Simon,

I can relate to what you're saying about music giving you something to fight and wake up for every day because that's why I do it too. Just wanted to wish you good luck with your music and thank you for following your dreams! So many people nowadays don't and it's inspiring to see others follow their heart and make a difference. Many blessings!

I like the OP. At first, I thought it was going to be a "look at me" post, and didn't think I'd get past the firstparagraph. But it turned out to be a good, honest representation of what many of us are all about.

Personally, the only thing that gets me out of bed and keeps me going through a rough day is that riff in my head, or the song I'm working on, or the "Can't wait to get home and record, write, finish.......whatever..... I'm working on". I honestly think I'd either be chronically depressed, in jail, or dead if I didn't have my studio.

I have no idea how people without a passion/hobby make it through life.

Wow guys, thank you for such a nice welcoming!
I have read what you have written and must say it feels nice do know a lot more people feel just like me.
And just like yo say Rami, without this hobby or what to call it, life would be so much more impossible to handle.
And thanks for your advice Greg Savage!

I believe this is a good place to grow as a musician and to help other people to grow.
Best regards Simon AKA Nevermind

Back