Neutrik Speakon connector troubles??

mutt

Our band uses a Crown CE2000 power amp which has the Neutrik Speakon connectors. A while back, some "helpful" wanna-be roadie pulled the speaker wire out of the connectors trying to disconnect the speaker wires from the back of the amp. I used the instructions to rewire the speaker wire to the Neutrik connectors, (making sure which wire was the hot lead). At our next gig, which was outdoors, our sound man said that he was having trouble getting enough volume. We've played outside before and never seemed to have any problem, at least not with getting enough volume from the power amp. Yes, we checked the amps volume controls, etc. My question is, if I did not connect the speaker wires correctly to the Neutrik connector, would it affect the volume? I would think that we would not get any sound at all from the speakers if that were the case??!!

My suspicions are on our newly acquired compressor which we run the vocal mics through. We have used it a couple of times (even before the wires were pulled) and it seemed to work okay, but I know you can over compress a signal, too. Any thoughts or suggestions??

mutt

Back