Nero Express vs Pyro

Zikes

I just built a new system to use as a DAW with Sonar 3 and Project 5. I'm not using any internet connection on this computer nor any other programs not DAW related. The OS is XP Home. The CDRW came with Nero Express. I understand that Nero works fine with Sonar. I'm now wondering if there any advantage to using Cakewalk Pyro over Nero Express before I plug in this Nero CD? I visited the Nero site and it looks like the Express version may not encode WAV files to CD for example. Advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Zikes said:
I visited the Nero site and it looks like the Express version may not encode WAV files to CD for example.
Then forget about Nero Express... For me, the main point for burning software is I can burn audio CDs.

Zikes said:
... I visited the Nero site and it looks like the Express version may not encode WAV files to CD for example. Advice greatly appreciated!

Nero Express is a feature included in Nero 5 Software. It is just more user friendly version of Nero 5. It can do all thing that regular Nero can do but for people who aren't familiar with CDRW. It can burn *.wav to CD without any problem. Copy CD, Data etc...

I own it and it works like a charm for me.

Just make sure that it is not a demo version. It make sense that the demo version has some limitations.

Never tried Pyro but i guess it's a good product as usual ... Like Sonar ... !

Have fun

....But if you own WaveLab 4.0 or any mastering software, you won't even need a burning softwave, it is included.

Sounds great !

Correct me if i'm wrong :

You can manipulate all the tracks of a song (apply FX, enveloppe, final mix, etc) on the main screen. This is a advantage comparing to Wavelab which you can only process a track at a time ... isn't it?

OR

maybe you could only load the final (Bounced to track and exported from Sonar) mix of all the song you want on the CD. So you can see all the track on the main screen.

Also, i did not see any support for VST effects (because i use some). Does it ?

Thanks

Moskus,

CD Architect 5.0 looks like a great way to go. Being owned by Sony couldn't hurt IMO. I should point out that I was wrong about Nero Express not burning WAV files. It does and would be pretty useless without that ability. It was just a bit hard to find where it was documented. Now, I'm wondering if either of these apps will convert 24 bit files to the standard 16 bit format. CD Architect supports to 32 bit 192khz files so no problem there! The mastering functions of this software make it very attractive at around $150. Thanks for the info!

Musart said:
Also, i did not see any support for VST effects (because i use some). Does it ?
Get the Cakewalk VST-wrapper (if you don't have it). It converts VST do DX for use in all DX compatible programs. :)

I've only used Wavelab this much (and that's not much :D), so I wouldn't know about that.

And being owned by Sony... Why is that an advantage? ;)

Zikes said:
Sony has been at the forefront and a pioneer in the field of digital sound and media since 1980
I would call it "forefront" and "pioneer". Get a Sony product, you get an average product which you're paid alot just for it to say "Sony" on the outside...

It's strange. Sony "invented" the CD (with Pioneer if I remember correctly) but their CD-players suck! ;)

But I like their portable MiniDisk recorders, though! But you can't use NetMD to copy your own recordings back to the computer. How stupid is that?!?!?!?!?

The only Sony products I now own are two of the OLD CD players from the early 80's and one aging TV. The CD players work great and one even has a looping function which was pretty cool for the technology at the time. Some of us are a bit older and remember what a pain "rewind" was.;)

But you can't use NetMD to copy your own recordings back to the computer. How stupid is that?!?!?!?!?
Great news... :rolleyes: I just bought a NetMD last week and was wondering if I could do that... indeed stupid!

BloodShark said:
Great news... :rolleyes: I just bought a NetMD last week and was wondering if I could do that... indeed stupid!
That anoyed the hell out of me. I (almost) always take my MD and a microphone with me when I'm going outside for recording ideas when I have them and to record background effects...

Before I had to record them via Line Out, but my new NS-707 didn't have a Line Out. "That's OK", I thought, "I can just transfer the tracks via USB". :mad:

What's even more stupid: You have an MP3 you transfer firts to one disk, and then to a second and then to a third. But you're not allowed to transfer it to a fourth disk. Sony's copy protection. :mad:

But just search for the .omg file and delete it. Then it's okay... :D

Back