nero can't read mixed down wave files

jkvd

Anyone experienced the same problem?

As I mix mij stuff down to a wave file it won't be recogniced by my Nero5 in audio-cd mode.

The files works fine in all my audio apps. I found out that if I import in soundforge, adjust something (so it asks to rewrite the file), then it works fine in Nero.

I've got the idea that the cubase(SX2) puts some extra's in the wavefile...

These are my export setting:
wave file (so not the broadcast/w64)
PCM, stereo interleaved, 16 bit, 44.100.

Just the basic redbook system which is default.

Am I missing something?

I doubt there is extras in the wav file.

Try reinstalling nero. I have found it is a bitch and it is more likely a problem with itself than the wav.

Good luck

I'm having the same probs with Nero only thing is in cubase i mix down to 24/48 i figured that nero should dither the wave file down to 16/44 but no dice. Is there a cd burining program capable of such a feat i'm sure there is or do i have to start mixing down to 16/44 just to get crap to work around here? :confused:

found the solution

For who had this problem to, upgrade to nero 6.

I don't think it will solve the problem to the 24bit 48kh issue. Why would let nero dither it down and burn it as an audio cd?

If it's a final mix and it's ready to put it on audio cd, just make it 16bit/44.100Herz in cubase.

If it's going to a masteringstudio leave it at the highest level and burn it onto a cd in datamode.

Cheers,

Jaap

Back