Nerds wanted...

Pedullist

Stop it, I can't breathe
Hi guys,

I don't know where else to ask: after installing the latest NVidea TNT2 Model 64 drivers my Ultrafunk Multiband compressor looks a little bit different than before. When I change my display settings and refresh, it switches to the right looks. But when I close the Ultrafunk screen and reopen it, it looks freaky again. I don't have any problems, it's just the looks of the Ultrafunk. What am I complaining about? Well, it's my nature I'm afraid. I need to know why things happen, otherwise I have trouble sleeping.

Don't know whether this is useful information, but I'm using a Sony TFT 17 inch monitor btw.

This is how it looks like, and how it used to (and supposed to) look like:

Attachments

• this.jpg
    this.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 188
Pedullist said:
Well....I did reinstall the previous version. But not the one BEFORE that.
Tsk tsk tsk...

Didn't you what driver version did you use when it worked? Install that one. ;)

I'm sorry, I don't know really. I reinstalled my whole pc, and the windows update system installed the new NVidea driver all by itself (it usually works perfectly)

I don't care shit about video cards.

Thing is, after reinstallation my system works amazingly good. Even my Audigy performs at a staggering latency of 10ms (instead of 100ms) and NEVER dropouts.

The most amazing thing is: I forgot to do a normal installation, so I got an ACPI installation instead. My system never worked this good before! Sheesh!

Pedullist said:
The most amazing thing is: I forgot to do a normal installation, so I got an ACPI installation instead. My system never worked this good before! Sheesh!
If you're using WinXP I'm not surprised at all. Audiotrak recommended that I installed WinXP as "Standard PC", but then I couldn't even get the INCA88-drivers to load. I reformated and installed with ACPI, and everything works beautifully! :)

Yeah, it's very nice.

Btw, I switched to the old Nvidea drivers. No success.

Could it be the ACPI installation? (that's the only thing that is different)

Pedullist said:
Could it be the ACPI installation? (that's the only thing that is different)
Well, since it's the only thing that's different.... But I find it strange. Have you checked the Ultrafunk website? Perhaps there's an update for it... :confused:

Ultrafunk is no more, it's part of Cakewalk nowadays. I'm not too enthusiastic asking Cakewalk support.

Pedullist said:
Ultrafunk is no more, it's part of Cakewalk nowadays.
Wops! I knew that... :rolleyes:

But just mail them. I'm sure they have a sollution. :)

Hopefully... ;)

Peds, have you tried lowering your resolution to 16 bit mode instead of 24 or 32 bit ? I knew I had similiar problem back then (Same type here, NVidia TNT2 Pro M64)... Anyway, why would you upgrade the driver ? If it runs well, then leave it alone... Mine is version May 2002 or something...

Argh, I hate this. I've changed nothing yet the problem is solved...

Can you believe that?

I don't.

I'm happy though :D

I won't upgrade anything in the near future LOL :D

You guys remember this one?

Problem reoccurred the next day, but I didn't wanna complain about it anymore...

You know what it was? In the display settings, tab Advanced, Solve Problems (I'm translating here....don't know whether it's the same tab name)

Hardware accalaration slider one notch backwards and the problem is solved. Forever!

Even my Delta 66 works better now.

Sheesh! :D

Back