negative latency...

92_

Anyone had this problem?

I had a problem a while back with some major latency thing but it solved itself after I got my update from sx3 to 4 from steinberg...but!
Now I get something I refer to as negative latency. It's like Cubase 4 moves all of my midi signals quitea few ticks to the left...this really messes up my rhytms and requires me to work alot with the midi to be able to get it to sound the way I want to. swings, shuffle, itterative quantizing and those things won't respond correctly cause C4 has moved the notes out of range for them to be effective...can someone please help me with this? It's driving me nuts here...

-Nito

Have you looked over on cubase.net??? Seems to me I saw something about that over there not too long ago.... do a search.

Thanks. I've submitted for an account now and I'm hoping to find an answer cause it's driving me mental...

92_ said:
Thanks. I've submitted for an account now and I'm hoping to find an answer cause it's driving me mental...

Are you using a USB midi controller? I've had a similar issue here and it was an issue with my midi controller's driver showing up more than once under midi devices.

I had that problem with an M-Audio Midisport USB and cubase, where it would record the midi earlier than it was played.

I also had a problem with my firepod midi input and cubase where it would't even record a time and stacked all the notes at the very beginning of the track.

i've seen posts about midi timing issues that ended up being a setting under midi something to the effect of "use midi time stamp" my not be your cure but worth a try...

Back