Need your feedback

Simman

Would greatly appreciate you feedback on this mix. The song is called Stitch up by Bobby Nobody. Like the tune could use your prospective. Thanks

Attachments

• StitchUp-Simman_Tk2.mp3
    6.5 MB · Views: 12
I like it, and the clarity of the vocal. I feel the distorted guitars are "brittle", but I'm not sure that is a very helpful observation. I feel the guitars need to get a fatter/warmer fuzz or perhaps a more ringing 7th emphasis, or a bit of both.

It's a great song, I really like it. The only problem to my ears are the drums.
Most sounds in the song are very dry, not much room ambience, but then we have the drums with very much room ambience, making it hard to glue the song together.
Further on, the snare drum sounds a little weak. You can hear it playing but you can't feel it pulling the track.
Also, try increasing the volume of the kick a little, maybe +3 dB.
Lastly, the drums sound a little static in the verses and the choruses (feedback to the band).

Otherwise it's a very clean mix and you can hear everything, and you've taken good advantage of the panning space.

Please see my thread and give some feedback:
(I can't post links yet but search for "Brutally honest feedback wanted: rock-mix and house-mix" here on the forum you'll find it)

Cheers

steffeeH,

I greatly appreciate your time and feedback. I did not record the song; the Drum overhead tracks had problems and was left with just room mics (which sounded really good). So I get what you're saying about ambient feel. Will work that next pass of the mix. Thanks again..

I like it, and the clarity of the vocal. I feel the distorted guitars are "brittle", but I'm not sure that is a very helpful observation. I feel the guitars need to get a fatter/warmer fuzz or perhaps a more ringing 7th emphasis, or a bit of both.

Thanks for taking the time to reply...I completely get what you are saying. the raw guitar tracks were really over distorted and muddy so cleaning that up resulted in the way they sound now. Need more work but it's a start..

Back