Need the cool clue!

BobHaymond

In conversation, does "DAW" come out as a word rhyming with saw or as three letters? Out here in the country we have to work to sound cool!

Bob Haymond
Clemson, SC

Bob,
I'd imagine it is pretty hard to speak it as a word, in a southern accent without sounding stupid.... ;)

DAAAAAWWWW

as in

My DAWG is GAWN.

If I were you, I'd stick with the "D" "A" "W" approach.

Queue

AS IN:
DAW-GAWN-IT!
DOG GONE IT!

yeah i'd say D-A-W too...i dont know if people pronounce it like a word though...never heard it before...?

Gawd, Fellers!!

I said cool, not smart. Dawg IS the correct pronunciation for those little four-leg critters. 'Till I hear better I'll continue the D-A-W.

I'm actually getting that D-A-W today. RYO a-la Pete Leoni, SB Live, Delta 1010,
2 x C1'2, DaviSound TB-3, Sonar XL. Most of the decisions comming from these posts. I have tried MIDI before with no success and returned to find audio as well. There's NO direction to be had locally. There must be some in Atlanta [2.5 hrs] but you still couldn't find it. Unfortunately I've found salesmen to be unusable as directors.

Thanx goes to you guys who know and will share.

Bob Haymond
Clemson, SC

Last I checked, stupid ^= cool, but then again, if you are too smart then coolness decreases and you become a nerd.....

Seriously---
I have yet to find a salesperson who knows more than I do about DAWs. Don't get me wrong, there is lots that I do not know, but every single salesperson I have approached with even simple questions has made his complete lack of knowledge immediately obvious. Continue to do your research here and on the other BBS's and websites.

Try it out next time, just for fun. Pick up a soundcard and say "Will this work with all computers?" and see what they say...

Queue

Back