Need Suggestions Studio Power Amps

Lawrence Bulloc

Well, I'm getting rid of my old tired Pioneer SX-780 as a power amp as it's getting a bit weak and wimpy on the left side.

What I need: Something that will work well with a VF-80, a Behringer Autocom Pro and a TDK stand alone CD burner. Monitors are Alesis Monitor 1 Mk2. The home studio is so small that the mice are stoop shouldered.

Can spend about 300-350.00

Full opinions are welcome, but if your time is limited, just list the name of the product and the model number and I'll do the rest of the research.

So, my fellow members, let the healing begin.

I now use a Hafler P3000. Maybe this is the transnova one MM is talking about. Anyway, I'm very happy with mine and got it for about $300. I was using a Samson Servo 550 and this is a step up for sure.

if you are looking at new prices, the P-series starts well above the 3-350 budget.......the P1500 is over $400 usually......the TA1600 can be found for $200 and under.........

i would say i like my hafler TA series except the fuggin knobs on the guy dont line up with each other... when turned to 0 the left knob is a little lower than the right so i had to mark it to make them equal.

T

Back