Need Sound Card Suggestions

river_recording

I have just bought an emachines system from Tiger Direct. It is an AMD 1600+ Athlon XP. It has a CD-RW 24x max write. It has a 40 GB hard drive. 256 MB ram. I need at least 2 analog -10db hi impedance inputs. I have a 24 track ADAT studio. I need it mostly for mastering but sometimes need to multi track sound effects and music on audio books. I like cool edit pro for the noise reduction. I need a sound card in the $200.00 price range. I've never opened a computer before. I have lots of experience with mixers and instruments and microphones and tape machines, but I'm a computer moron. What would you recommend? Please take it easy with the computer jargon. I'm just learning.

for what you want, I'd suggest M-Audio's Delta44 soundcard...4 ins 4 outs, bal/unbal (-10/0/+4)....and it's in your price range I think...

It seems to me that an M-audio Audiophile 2496 (2 analog I/O + Spdif I/O) would do the trick too. It will give you the same audio quality as the Delta 44 and they go for $150-170. The Delta 44 is roughly $230.

www.midiman.net

Back