Need some more sets of ears!

CapacityWKS.

A couple of weeks ago I did a recording to work on my mixing, as I definitely need some practice.
After my guitar and vocals were done, I added some midi instruments.
I asked a friend sing a verse and lay down some echo's and some additions during the heavier part near the end.

Besides the obvious background noise, which I've decided to keep. (I recorded with the bedroom window open and it was raining so you can hear a couple of cars go by!)

How's the mix?

You can be brutally honest, I can take it... I just want to learn!

Take it away.mp3 - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Thanks for any advice you may have!

First, really great emotional delivery on the vocals both male and female. Probably more reverb than I'd like to hear on this, but it doesn't necessarily sound bad. Where it hurts is when the synth instrument comes in. The vocals seem to move to the back and the synth is up front and dominant. I'd like to hear the synth more turned down and more in the background with a really long distant reverb, and the vocals dryer and more upfront during that part.

First, really great emotional delivery on the vocals both male and female. Probably more reverb than I'd like to hear on this, but it doesn't necessarily sound bad. Where it hurts is when the synth instrument comes in. The vocals seem to move to the back and the synth is up front and dominant. I'd like to hear the synth more turned down and more in the background with a really long distant reverb, and the vocals dryer and more upfront during that part.

Thanks for the feed back. I knew there was something wrong with it, but I've been listening to it so much that I've needed to get some more opinions. Ear fatigue I guess. (if there is even such a thing)
I'll definitely dial down the reverb give the synth more of a long distant reverb and lower their volume.
cheers.

Back