Need some input...

ignition451

Hey guys my band (Prey for Maria) just did some home recordings and it isn't mastered yet..we was wondering if you guys could give it a listen and give us some feedback. Thanks

check out the song It's All Over because it's the one we're wanting to put on the radio.

You guys always give the best info!

www.myspace.com/preyformaria

I particularlt like the lead guitar - nice tone - not generic.
The girl's vox are a good contrast to the rhythm section.
Nice meoldy too.
Well done.
Keep that rap response male vox low in the mix like it is now.

Thanks man!! So does it seem like we don't need to make a lot of changes when we master it?

Anymore input would be much appreciated! Thanks

rayc's comments are pretty much right on.

This is great (what I'd call) Power Pop. A la Pat Benatar perhaps.....

Instruments are excellent, vocls are excellent....

I think the mix is very good now - nothing I can comment that needs changes.

Good luck with your quest for airplay - definitely radio friendly.

ido1957

:D :) :D :)

Sounds like a good mix.
Well done for a home recording.
I would add some more hi end on the guitars, and maybe cut a bit of the lo fom the bass guitar a tiny bit. OR compress the bass a bit more as theres times where i can hear the lo end going out of control a little bit.

The snare could do with more boost at 5K. Try cutting some lo mids on the snare also, but watch you dont cut too much and it becomes thin.
Toms could come up more. I liek the reverb on the toms. You could even try auromateing the reverb on the toms. The reverb at the break down on the toms sounds real good, but you could maybe take the reverb down a little where the mix is full with all the instruments. THat would make it easier for them to push through and sound in your face.

Vocals are real nice.
Cool song also. Good luck getting onto the radio.

I can master your track for you if you like. Ill do the first one for free and if you like my work then I can master more for really cheap.

Let us know what you think,
Cheers,
Eck

Nice man, I like the sounds of the mix. Like the singers style. Did you low cut the bass? Sounds like it's rumbling on my system some, a low cut below anywhere from 40 to 80 Hz will do the job on that.
otherwise, sounds good to me ;)

Thanks guys!!! I really appreciate the compliments!! I agree the bass is a little too thick..ido1957 you're the 3rd person to tell me sounds like pat benetar. lol

ecktronic send me a private message and we'll talk about mastering it if you'd like.

Thanks guys for all the input...if anyone else has anymore comments please feel free to share.

Hey ignition,

I really like the vocals and the effect you have on the bass, maybe a cut in the lows, not much at all, just to remove a little unwanted low-end speaker rumble!! It could be my system transposing bass heavy during those low gutteral bass sounds.
The snare could do with some livening up by boosting the high mids by a few db's, it just sounds a little nasally, a bit more snap and crack in the snare would really liven this mix up.
The guitars are a little distant for my particular liking during the chorus, but the tone on the guitar that has been captured here is great!!

All in all the song is great, well written, well sung and played!..."NO LEAD GUITAR".......I would love to hear a real basic guitar solo in there, more of a melodic line just to add a little flavour!...But that is coming from a guitarists point of view!! :D

Good stuff!!!

Thanx for sharing with us!

Gorty!

Thanks guys for the extra input..we're kind of new to home recording so this REALLY helps a lot..I'm having the hardest time cutting some of the lows and keeping all the dynamics. lol...but I know what you guys mean I do need to lose some of the lo-end.

I'm glad you guys like the tune!!

Back