need some help choosing a set of monitors

zazz

hmmmm
here is the problem....im moving into a small flat for a year or so and have decided to store away all my gear including my mackie monitors and just do it all on my laptop.

the only thing that bothers me is that i need a set of set powered monitors that can just sit on my desk and be easily put away. Obviously there a lot of these type of things on the market but i was looking for something a little more useable and serious for domestic level music production to tie me over untill i get my new studio setup again...whenever that might be.

so are ther any magic little sound units out there that are great in the mean time?????

ps do the rubber cone edges of the mackies perish over time if not stored properly..like using silicon grease or something.

You might wish to contact Mackie and explain your storage situation (Climate and duration) and see if they can suggest the best way to pack them.
Seems unlikely anything would happen to the rubber, but it'd be a real shame if it did.

:)

Last edited:
thanks guys for the input....i think the makies should be ok ...i just worry too much.

on the subject of the maudio bx5a ...i tired out those monitors and thought they were good for the size and price...however i went with the near05 which were 2/3 the price of the maudio and seemed to have a lot more bass response ...i played a few cds through each option and the esi seemed to be the mix i would have gone with. I still think the maudio probably had more definition although this may due in part to the fact that the bass is lacking...

i tried some yamaha in the same size and price range which had even less bass and even more high end foucus.

Back