Need some good NEWB literature for digital recording!

NewbMediaGuy

I'm kind of lost as to what books to look for, because I don't know which ones are good in general, and also which ones would be good for someone who doesn't know a lot about recording in the first place.

I basically need to learn the fundamentals of digital recording, so anything that talks in great detail about Sequencers, MIDI, Synths, Keyboards, Mixers, all that fun stuff, would be very helpful for this newb mind

There's so many books that I just don't know which ones are good for me, can anyone give me some pointers to which books would be good for someone new that wants to learn the basic fundamentals of digital recording?

These forums are very helpful, but I don't want to just sit here constantly asking questions, and I'm sure most of you don't want that either ;) I'd prefer books over online sites, but I'll check out either one if they are worth looking into.

I know books become outdated, so stuff on the web will usually be the most current and up to date info.....but seriously, most of these articles are on sites with terrible designs, and the whole time I find myself rushing through it before my eyes pop. Kinda funny, these people have all this knowledge on how to do all this cool stuff with music, but yet they can't even get a decent color scheme for their website!

Thanks stealth, I'll look into those books. I just need some basic info anyway, for more specifics I'll dry out my eyes online.

You can lead it to water, but can you make it drink? ? ? ? ?

The Land of Moderators, because those who wish to be mediators between two resolute ideas are marked as mediocre: they lack eyes to see the unparalleled; seeing things as similar and making them the same is the mark of weak eyes.

spin

Back