Need some advice on what effects to buy...

Stone431

OK, heres the deal: I have a budget of no more than $800. I am interested in buying a new effects pedal/rack. I am not sure which way to go ; set up a rack, or get a multi-effects floor unit. I will be doing some home recording with it soon, and also a lot of live playing. If anyone has any suggestions on which way to go...such as set up a rack (remember, i would need about $60 for a rack holder, i cant remember what the hell you call those things), or go with pedals, etc. By the way, I need very good distortion for playing metal. Reverb and delay are also important. Thanks to anyone who can come up with some advice.

Hey the DOD Tec-8 is a pretty nice unit for the buck. $200 will give you a pretty flexible floor board machine. It has some good distortions, multi effects, EQ and amp sims. There is no reason you need to go all rack mount. Racks are cool sure. but not as flexible for stage, unless you have a soundman. Take the remaining cash and nab up some other recording gear. as far as effects go it is fine.

Hey the DOD Tec-8 is a pretty nice unit for the buck. $200 will give you a pretty flexible floor board machine. It has some good distortions, multi effects, EQ and amp sims. There is no reason you need to go all rack mount. Racks are cool sure. but not as flexible for stage, unless you have a soundman. Take the remaining cash and nab up some other recording gear. as far as effects go it is fine.

I disagree.

Wait.

I concur.

Back