need pro 2 channel pre + compressor in one unit

mustardeer

does that even exist?

i'm tired of my apogee ensemble's pres and am ready to add some pres.
i have a matched pair of AKG c414 ( and a u87) so 2 channels make sense.
i also really need a compressor cause my vocals are all over the place.

Is there one unit that does it all? I hate extra wires / knobs / hook ups. I just want to focus on the performance. I was looking into avalon and UA but they don't have a unit like that.

Consider the Focusrite TwinTrak Pro. It is a dual mic pre with a compressor and a monitoring section. There is also an optional ADC card.

I have one. The monitoring section is noisy, but I do not believe it affects the input signals. It may not be Pro level, but definitely better than the pre's on my phonic interface.

i want something high end.

I made an appointment to pick up a UA 2-610 for cheap.
So now I just need a 2 channel compressor.

for under $2000. recording this week!

i found a Manley Vari MU for 2300 ( amazing deal ) but a bit too much $$ and overkill, i'm still a newbie ( i think ). It's more for mastering anyways, i just need something on the way in but also a big name so I can resell later if needed.

Manley/Langevin DVC.

As much as I'd suggest NOT compressing on the way in... Vocals being "all over the place" are in need of volume automation long before they'll need compression...

forgive the silly question but "volume automation"?? you mean in my sequencer? I use Ableton Live.

Just bought a used 1173 btw. And picking up 2-610 in an hour.

Back