Need new compressors, which ones ?

Stefan Elmblad

Ok, I'm gonna need 2 more stereocompressors before I'm satisfied. I don't want anything I already got, cause I like the different sounds that compressors do have.

Here's what I do NOT want you to recommend, based on that I either got it or don't want it:

Focusrite Silver
Joemeek
RNC
Art Pro VLA
Composer

So what do you recommend ? I don't have a multiband comp, so I've been leaning towards the TC Finalizer Express, but it's kinda expensive....maybe the TC Triple C could do the trick ?

I also looked at dBx 1066 and the Envoice T-comp....

Give me your suggestions. Thanks.

Gyraf, your pics didn't help me much.....too bad.

Chess, I'll check out the Symetrix and the Aphex, but I'm afraid they may be just a tad outside my budget. I should've stated that from the beginning, but I was thinking about $500 per compressor or so. Also, the Symetrix and Aphex units are a bit uncommon here in Sweden, so not much chance of getting a good price on them either.

But I'll check them out. Thanks.

Stefan Elmblad said:
Ok, I'm gonna need 2 more stereocompressors before I'm satisfied. I don't want anything I already got, cause I like the different sounds that compressors do have.

Here's what I do NOT want you to recommend, based on that I either got it or don't want it:

Focusrite Silver
Joemeek
RNC
Art Pro VLA
Composer

So what do you recommend ? I don't have a multiband comp, so I've been leaning towards the TC Finalizer Express, but it's kinda expensive....maybe the TC Triple C could do the trick ?

I also looked at dBx 1066 and the Envoice T-comp....

Give me your suggestions. Thanks.

From what you wrote you probably have at least one RNC, but in the pricerange you suggest , you really don`t have many options..... There are many comps. in that range, but not many good.....

I`d rather find a used Distressor.
It`s not stereo. but it`s at least great....
What do you have now?

Amund

Why not go with software so you can have multiple instances of it such as the TC Works or UAD-1 or Waves Gold Bundle. Something along those lines. A bit pricier than you wanted but they will cover more ground.

Jerry W said:
Why not go with software so you can have multiple instances of it such as the TC Works or UAD-1 or Waves Gold Bundle. Something along those lines. A bit pricier than you wanted but they will cover more ground.

I would need a PC for that, so that's no option. Sorry.

Back