Need multi track

Yamaha AW16G is the best and now that the AW1600G has come out you should be able to find a 16 at a good price.

Don't let anyone tell you the G is too difficult to learn. Once you understand the routing and such it is totally professional and built to last; unlike plastic junk.

Good to see you over here, Kuhuna--welcome. Don, as a fellow 16G owner who searched hard before buying, I agree full-tilt with K. Still, needs and preferences vary. Spend some time searching here and via google, and you'll find lots of mag articles and user opinions about the Yamahas, Korgs, Fostexes, and Bosses of the world. It's a fun road to search, actually--at least I thought so.

Best,
J.

ive been searching, belive me. the thing is that fostex makes a digital 8 track for like $250. Unfortunetly it doesn't have midi in. To bad because 16 track for $500 would be pretty sweet. Alot of the recorders have features that I just don't need (like the built in effects drum machines and editing software) but hardly any of them have midi in unless they are 16 + multi tracks. I already have sound forge and vegas. I just need more physical tracks for editing.

I get your point, Don. The last retail price for the 16G that I saw was $799 a few months ago. It may be cheaper now, or you may want to post a "wanted" sign over at the 16G forum: http://forum.dijonstock.com/

The newer Yamie models (166 and 2400) are probably enticing some folks, so you may find a good used machine. Lots of great folks at that site, and anyone with a solid history there should be a trustworthy seller.

Sorry I can't offer more except a wish for good luck~
J.

I can't give you a comparison since this is the first DAW I've ever got my shithooks on, but if I can figure out the new Yamahaha AW1600, anyone can. Twice the disc space of the 16G, a pitch correcting logarithm, input upgrades, I spent the extra 3 bones and got the 1600.

I'm still workin' on understanding the damm thing, but I've been recording, mixing, and burning cd's already. The 1600 also has the honor of being one of the few stand-alone DAWs encased in METAL!! :cool:

Eric

read the fine print on whatever you buy. i bought a fostex mr-8 a few months ago and realized that i can't record more than two tracks at once. read the manual for whatever your thinking of buying

Niimo said:
read the fine print on whatever you buy. i bought a fostex mr-8 a few months ago and realized that i can't record more than two tracks at once. read the manual for whatever your thinking of buying

This is more appropriate advice than ever anymore, as the preponderance of manufacturers now offer their manuals online...some for free even (I've had a few cases, though I can't remember who, that wanted dough--But I think it was for older discontinued gear)...

I had the manual for the 1600 and a few other units read long before I bought.

As far as the $$ goes, you can rape yourself over time by buying the cheaper stuff and replacing it often, or do it all at once with a unit that will clean you out now, but last...Like my wife says; "If it's still doing what you bought it for five years from now, you bought the right one..." As long as I don't subject my 1600 to the 10-foot drop test, it will likely always be an important part of my studio--'specially since it's upgradeable...

Eric

jeffree said:
Good to see you over here, Kuhuna--welcome. Don, as a fellow 16G owner who searched hard before buying, I agree full-tilt with K. Still, needs and preferences vary. Spend some time searching here and via google, and you'll find lots of mag articles and user opinions about the Yamahas, Korgs, Fostexes, and Bosses of the world. It's a fun road to search, actually--at least I thought so.

Best,
J.
:D Happy to be alive and kicking...

Back