Need Mixer Suggestions....

memriloc

Hey all, hope all's good...I'm doing a shite load of live work now and I'm nearing the end of building and personalising my PA rig...I'm changeing mixers for a rackmount jobby and I'd like some suggestions as to what's out there along these lines...

*14+ channels (mic, stereo channels not needed)
*EQ with mid sweep would be great
*2 sends for foldback
*1 or 2 sends/returns for effects or effects included would be ok
*Needs to be rack mountable no more than 10 rack spaces high
*Sound quality should be good, but doesn't have to be ear sex
*Would prefer not to have a sperate power supply as I'm trying to cut down on bulk
*Direct out's would be brilliant as I'm using them now for recroding live shows...

Think that's it...It's purly for my live rig so's I can roadcase it all the way I want...

Any ideas? Cheers, DOM!

Either the Crest X-Rack series or the Midas Venice series. Either one is going to cost a bit more than a Mackie or a Soundcraft, but they are absolutely worth every penny. Awesome boards. The Crest has better EQ, but the Midas has better mic pres. I use these things on a regular basis, and I am very fond of them.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Soundcraft FX16 would be prefect and not kill you budget. 4 aux sends, direct outs, sweep mid and internal Lexicon to boot.

memriloc said:
*14+ channels (mic, stereo channels not needed)
*EQ with mid sweep would be great
*2 sends for foldback
*1 or 2 sends/returns for effects or effects included would be ok
*Needs to be rack mountable no more than 10 rack spaces high
*Sound quality should be good, but doesn't have to be ear sex
*Would prefer not to have a sperate power supply as I'm trying to cut down on bulk
*Direct out's would be brilliant as I'm using them now for recroding live shows...
Mackie Onyx 1640 might fit the bill nicely.
*16 channels of mic preamps
*dual swept mid eq as well as high/low shelving
*6 aux sends with a lot of routing flexibility and pre/post selectable
*rack mountable -- but this may kill it (14 spaces high)
*I have the 1620, and I have the 1640 on order. IMHO, the sound quality is great.
*Integrated power supply, even adjusts for other voltages
*Direct outs on all channels through DB25 connector (lots of places make snakes for this - its a standard pinout), or you can add a firewire card to go directly to a daw. The direct outs are taken right after the preamps, so for live recording, you can tweak the EQ, etc. and not worry about affecting the recording.

-lee-

Cheers guys...some good things to think about....
Laptopop, yeah, unfortunatly it needs to be in the 10 rack space area...
Deepwater, yup, that'd be idealy perfect! BUT, the cheapest I've seen them over here (australia) is 'round $2900 which is WAY over budget at the moment...
Any other sugestions?

I'm a Soundcraft dealer and can sell you one a whole lot cheaper than that. PM me your shipping address so I can get you a total with shipping.

Back