Need Mix Feedback: Absolved (Sad Face Be Washed Away)

Man, there's not much room for improvement; this song is pretty much good to go. Radio ready. If anything, I'd say turn down the sidestick a little, it seems louder than the regular snare. But that's it.

Great song, love the vocals.

Downloaded and going into rotation on the mp3 player.

Cool.

Nice tune. Just a few things I noticed. Composition-wise, I would say I am hearing something in the choruses when the drums go half-time. Maybe a tambourine or shaker to keep the momentum. The same thought on the bridge breakdown. It also sounds like the editing is loose at 2:55. Things seem to be coming apart a bit. Maybe play with simplifying that moment with only a drums and acoustic guitar short break to accentuate the moment and then go back into the chorus? I would agree on the sidestick going down a couple db's. Maybe the acoustic guitar could come up in the mix just a bit too. I am also hearing a guitar or something with a quick jab on count 4 on the second verse to build it a bit and lift the tune a bit. Just my .02!

Thanks for the great feedback, guys-gives me something to go on. I've been wondering about the volume of the stick as well in listening to the track further.

Back