Need Help!

1Chance

Okay, I use FL studio for making beats and was looking to start recording.
Don't have any idea what software to use. Tried rewiring Reaper into FL but when i hit the record button in reaper, the beat in FL doesn't play. can anyone please tell me how to synchronize them?

Plus, i'm also searching for the appropriate hardware to use.
Do i really need a mixer? and what type of mic and audio interface should i get?

Also, i live in Nigeria. does anyone know where i can get the required hardware to be shipped down here at an affordable price. :confused:

Thanks for your contributions.

is the lexicon omega a USB or firewire interface
and do i still need a mixer in the whole setup, cause i feel comfortable with the one in my DAW(FL 9)

The Omega's been really good to me, actually. It comes with Cubase and a few plug ins also, but I don't use Cubase.

Chance, it's a USB connection. No mixer needed, you'll just use your DAW to mix.

The preamp in the Omega is pretty good also.

The Omega's been really good to me, actually. It comes with Cubase and a few plug ins also, but I don't use Cubase.

Chance, it's a USB connection. No mixer needed, you'll just use your DAW to mix.

The preamp in the Omega is pretty good also.

I've been looking for something that'll allow 2 XLRs and 2 1/4s for drums. That's all i really need because I already have a DMP3 pre-amp. Been thinking about the Omega because it's exactly what i need and is really cheap. Any latency issues while recording 4 inputs simultaneously ?

I've been looking for something that'll allow 2 XLRs and 2 1/4s for drums. That's all i really need because I already have a DMP3 pre-amp. Been thinking about the Omega because it's exactly what i need and is really cheap. Any latency issues while recording 4 inputs simultaneously ?

I've never done 4 at once, sorry I can't help you with that question :(

I've only used it for vocals.

Back