Need help with vocals

theForgotten

Hi there!
I'm using Sonar 3 PE and Hercules 16/12 FW.I add new audio track chose the input channel (Stereo Hercules 16/12 FW 11) for example,I plug my condenser mic on input 11,I set output(Hercules 16/12 FW 1/2) for monitoring and when i sing the signal is mono.Can some of the Sonar 3 users help me?
Thanks!

What? Stereo doesn't make it "BIGGER"?

(hint: nope)

:D

Please to note: Do you have one or two cords leading from the mic? If you have only one, record in mono. If you have TWO mics and TWO chords ... well "stereo up". That tip is ABSOLUTELY free of charge...cause that's the kind of guy I am.

:D ... again.

K-

(Another thing: Recording stereo only consumes more hard drive space. Try to avoid it unless necessary)

When you mix, you place the vocals (and other instruments) in the stereo mix and add effects (delays, reverb, etc.) to create a sense of space. The only reason you would have to record in stereo would be to try to capture the real sound of some great-sounding space, but stereo micing is rather advanced.

Tnx guys!I have another question.Should I add compresor to be active during the recording vocals or after?Thanks again and long live!

If you have a hardware compressor, you might use some light compression in the recording chain to tame some of the peaks..

If it's a software comp, there is no point in applying the compression before the mixing stage of your project..

Back