Need Help With Time Maps!!

Everybody

Hail Santa
Hey, Im going to be recording bands soon, and a ton of them are doing a bunch of time changes throughout their songs. What is the best program for easy time map programming? I have Cubase LE4, I dont know if it has one in it or not.

All the main programs have the ability to set tempos and change them arbitrarily thruout the song. Cubase, Protools, Cool Edit, etc.., they can all do it. Has a band requested a click track or something to keep themselves in tempo? That's kinda the band's job imo.. They should be able to play whatever you're supposed to record, without any help from you.

If not, ignore the measures and beats, you'll waste more time trying to get it all in sync, and what do you get out of it? Just hit record and let the band play. The only 'time mapping' I do is to make little notes like 'verse2 at 1:48', 'guitar solo at 2:35', etc.. I haven't found a practical use for beats and measures yet..

You have 2 options - let the band do it themselves and just record them without a timebase.

Or - use the tempo track in cubase. If you click the "temp track" option on the transport menu and then, if I remember correctly, go to Project>Tempo Track. From here you can insert points and tempo changes that will automatically happen as the song is recorded. Then all you do is either play them back the click or create a midi track that triggers some kind of metronome.

Ok?

Well noones requested it, but i just wanted to have that option for them. Also for myself as well.

I see the time map option now in cubase thanks, ill let you know if i have any problems with it.

Back