Need help with the title of this......and the mix. :)

"Having That Moment" is definitely a contender..... however, "Life's a circle, not a line" is an awesome line. So maybe "Life's A Circle" is in the running.

The song sounds great. Lots of Rami-riffs going on there.

I'd like to hear a little more out of the OH's, but I always say that. :D

Thanx Chili. Yeah, I love that line, too. I'm taking more and more lines from older songs of mine that now suck. :D Most of my older tunes, that almost nobody has ever heard anyway, have either good riffs, lines, beats, etc....that can be re-used. That "Life's a circle" line is one of those. Good line from a shitty old tune. :)

The chorus is magic - I really like it. I wonder if the arrangement would be stronger if the opening verse had less going on - maybe just the one guitar, or a slower part. Bring it all on at the 'whatever you think you're looking for' point. The chorus is great big swagger, and it works because it leaves spaces in - you could have extended it way longer than it is now. And the spaces in it is why the solo bit works so well. If you found a way to build more spaces into the verses, I think this one would be five stars. I mean, if you're not already happy with four stars. ha. :)

Have you ever (or do you) laminated a synth part to your guitar parts?

The chorus is magic - I really like it. I wonder if the arrangement would be stronger if the opening verse had less going on - maybe just the one guitar, or a slower part. Bring it all on at the 'whatever you think you're looking for' point. The chorus is great big swagger, and it works because it leaves spaces in - you could have extended it way longer than it is now. And the spaces in it is why the solo bit works so well. If you found a way to build more spaces into the verses, I think this one would be five stars. I mean, if you're not already happy with four stars. ha. :)

Have you ever (or do you) laminated a synth part to your guitar parts?
Thanx man. Yeah, the first verse does have a little less going on. I don't bring in the second guitar until halfway through. But it might still need to be more sparse to really get that contrast, so I'll keep that in mind. Good ideas you gave me there. :cool:

I'll never put any synth into any of my songs, that's not negotiable and I don't want to discuss it any further. :D

But seriously, I really won't put any synth anywhere near any of my music. I just started using some piano, I might use some organ...MAYBE....one day. But that's about as far as I'll go. I'm just not a synth guy at all.

Reason I asked is cuz there was this guy over at RP who did awesome tracks that almost always had this moment when you'd be hit by a wall - a WALL - of guitar sound. I asked him how he did it, and aside from excellent tracking of big guitars, he shadowed every guitar part with synth sound that he mixed in to taste. It thickened everything up real nice.

Reason I asked is cuz there was this guy over at RP who did awesome tracks that almost always had this moment when you'd be hit by a wall - a WALL - of guitar sound. I asked him how he did it, and aside from excellent tracking of big guitars, he shadowed every guitar part with synth sound that he mixed in to taste. It thickened everything up real nice.

Huh. Interesting. Never heard of anyone dong that. I like people that come up with cool "stuff".

Sorry, just gave a quick listen last night before bed.
But, hey, I didn't find anything wrong with the song, and I loved the guitar tone (actually alll of them) :D
The lyrics are amazing. That light bulb coming on moment defined. Your life is what YOU make it. And the ah-a's done as a crowd participation thing is magic...
Somehow, I hear a Rhodes in the mix. Don't know why, just my ears wanted to hear it there.

Sorry, just gave a quick listen last night before bed.
Hehe...Don't apologize, man. I was totally joking. I'm sorry if I made you feel you had to elaborate. I really appreciate the comments, brother. :cool:

I'm having that moment when I can actually listen to the damn thing... every time I try someone comes along and interrupts, but I finally got to it.

Moment of disorientation when it stopped and Dream On started playing... :D

I really like the bit when it goes into the "Whatever you ..... etc." the change works nicely against the relative sameness of the verse lines. Nice dynamic. Also like the extra little bar on a line in the verse. Nice stuff as always RAMI...:thumbs up:

Could just be me but is there, in the last nanosecond, a bit of a non-musical type noise as you wind it up?

Well, I think this is one of (if not the) best things I've heard from you. So I should incorporate some deliberate elaborates or I might deteriorate the directorate until it collaborates since I cannot orate or prorate.
That's a bit of an overrate.

I'm feeling MUCH better now! :D

I should incorporate some deliberate elaborates or I might deteriorate the directorate until it collaborates since I cannot orate or prorate.
That's a bit of an overrate.
I really appreciate your ability to articulate. It almost made me masturbate. But that would be in-appropriate. :eek:

Hey Rami....

IMO...this doesn't function as a full blown Chorus in that it just gives a "Hook" but not necessarily any type of description of to Why you are having that moment...Which is fine, but it doesn't necessarily have to be your Hook/Title......I'm, not sold on the Chorus dominating this particular tune. In fact it doesn't.....which once again, is okay....Being a Country guy that's just how I personally process what I heard...I'm not gonna overcomplicate it, just state my natural reaction to your tune.

I feel there are 2 Hooks in the song, with different strengths. The current Title is in the most "strategic" spot, being in the Chorus....

However, the Hook that I walk away singing is not the current Title....To be honest with you as I write this I cannot remember the Melody to the Title.....But the Melody and Hook/Title I do hear is engrained already in my brain...

I guarantee you ALL DAY LONG & Possibly ALL WEEK LONG, I will walk around my house and all of Los Angeles telling and singing to everyone I meet....

"I Said To Me"................It's just a cool phrase & the melody is there. Moreover, It's a memorable Title & fits our society today, being A little self-centered and eccentric, while the guitar work and vocals make it a bit frantic...

"I Said To Me"......

Last edited:
Hey Rami....

IMO...this doesn't function as a full blown Chorus in that it just gives a "Hook" but not necessarily any type of description of to Why you are having that moment...Which is fine, but it doesn't necessarily have to be your Hook/Title......I'm, not sold on the Chorus dominating this particular tune. In fact it doesn't.....which once again, is okay....Being a Country guy that's just how I personally process what I heard...I'm not gonna overcomplicate it, just state my natural reaction to your tune.

I feel there are 2 Hooks in the song, with different strengths. The current Title is in the most "strategic" spot, being in the Chorus....

However, the Hook that I walk away singing is not the current Title....To be honest with you as I write this I cannot remember the Melody to the Title.....But the Melody and Hook/Title I do hear is engrained already in my brain...

I guarantee you ALL DAY LONG & Possibly ALL WEEK LONG, I will walk around my house and all of Los Angeles telling and singing to everyone I meet....

"I Said To Me"................It's just a cool phrase & the melody is there. Moreover, It's a memorable Title & fits our society today, being A little self-centered and eccentric, while the guitar work and vocals make it a bit frantic...

"I Said To Me"......

Thanx Steve. Honestly, I'm not sweating the title too much at this point. I don't think it really matters that much. I can name many songs where the title isn't the dominant hook of the song.

"Black Dog"...They never even say "Black Dog" in it.

"Every Breath You take"....He only says "Every Breath You Take" in the very first line in the song, and never again.

Many songs don't even have a chorus.

So, my point is that it doesn't really matter what I call it. I'm going with "That Moment". :)

Yup. But 'I Said to Me' is more memorable. :)

Well, then you'll remember it either way.. :)

I'm not arguing with you guys. I did ask for advice on the title. I just came to the realization that it's not really THAT important. Also, I look at it this way. If I didn't call the song something about the "moment", then the chorus becomes totally irrelevant. By calling it "That Moment", the chorus has it's relevance, and the verses will still be as memorable as they are. Not calling it "I Said To Me" doesn't take away from how memorable that line is.

So, I don't disagree with you. I'm just looking at it from another angle. :cool:

Thanx guys.

Back