Need help with new songs

soundmaster

Hey guys I have a new song, & it is on LYCOC MUSIC.
Name of band: EVOLUTION Name of song: NO JUSTICE

http://listeningroom.lycos.com/fan/bands/soundmaster/Song_31637.html

This song has been recorded on the
BOSS Br-8. This song is just a demo until we get our full album online.
If you like the song, or hate it, or just have some constructive critisism, I want to now, so I can try to get a better master mix.
you can email me at:
soundmaster@h... -or- carriage2000_1999@y...
Or you can just post a message on this site.

Don't worry, I have a good scense of humor. It's just music.
Anyway check it out! I hope you like it.

See Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The guitar sounds "light," the vocals are up too much (and doubled in a "unique" way)... you know...

I can hear the room you recorded the vocals in. Sounds like it's... the bottom of a beer vat. Hm.

I don't know what to tell you, dude. For me, well, I'd record REAL drums (you can tell they're "canned," with reverb to try and cover this up), use the ol' SM-57-on-amp-grille (sounds like you're running an effects processor straight into the BR-8, and it's... it's a bad sound, dude), run your bass direct into the BR-8, and really BELT out those lyrics. Like, make your throat hurt. No justice? Okay, well, sound outraged or something...

Now, before you fuck w/ effects, listen to the song. I can't get an idea of what this sounds like before processing, so I can't offer what to do, but for the STYLE of the song, forget the reverb. Mix the song with the vocals much lower (you might push 5kHz up a bit, this helps get the vocals out of the mud), and if it doesn't sound right, find the individual track that is screwing up and retrack it.

(sorry if this sounds blunt, i'm a bit cranky right now)

Back