Need help with MIDI??

Sonicman

Hi:

I have Sonar 7XL and I run windows Vista I am having problems with setting up my midi to my E-MU midi cords to USB. I can't get the program to read midi from my Roland V-9 drums. Can some one help me set up the midi? if possible?

Thanks

It's a E-Mu X-Midi 1x1

I have a X-midi 1x1

I down loaded the updated driver for Vista on there web site but it didin't help me

Thanks

USB MIDI Interface
E-MU's Xmidi 1x1 is a plug-and-play USB MIDI Interface that adds an ultra-fast MIDI input and output (16 MIDI channels in/out) to your computer. The Xmidi 1x1 is bus-powered for total portability and offers status indicators for input signal, output signal and power.

The E-MU Xmidi 1x1 features:

1 MIDI in/1 MIDI out
USB 1.1
USB bus-powered
Ultra-fast MIDI response
Active-Sensing messages filtered
MME, DirectMusic and CoreMIDI supported
Multiple device support

- Check your Sonar = OPTIONS/AUDIO/ADVANCED. Perhaps you need to set the Driver Mode to MME for this to work?
- This is a USB 1.1 device. Many newer computers are USB 2.0 ports. Perhaps this is not compatible with your computer USB port?
- If you do get a connection you should see 16 channels of midi as INPUTS on your TRACK/PROPERTY/INPUTS or MIDI INPUTS
- Most times I have to boot my computer with the USB connected in order for Windows to recognize it is connected. I cannot HOT PLUG the USB cable after the computer or Sonar is booted.

These are just some ideas - maybe they will be helpful....

Back