Need help with frequency seperation

I don't know what is going on, but when I try to click on the link you provided, it closes, and then I get the soundclick main page. I don't know if you copied the link correctly, or if it's my damn computer...

I can tell you without listening though, that your bass and the kick drum tend to occupy the same frequency range. A good way to give them space is to add a high pass filter to the bass set between 100 - 250hz, depending on how boomy it is. This will allow the kick drum to occupy the frequencies below where you set the filter to. Another trick is to boost the kick drum around 1000hz while at the same time, adding the high pass to the bass.

IMHO
YMMV
yada, yada, yada...

it's a little bit sloppily played and the two guitars on either side aren't complimenting each other. they're actually competing with each other. it a combination of being too busy and being the same guitar tone. I'm guessing it's the same guitar for everything, which is fine, but all the guitars seems to be at the same level and the eqing for each guitar sounds about the same. i'd lower the level of all the guitars. and try boosting the high frequencies in the lead guitar parts. i couldn't even listen to the vocals cuz all i heard was competing guitars.

for the verses simplify the guitars and i think it'd work better.

Back