Need help with Farfisa!

Shot

Hi all!

I got for almost free Farfisa VIP 61 combo organ. It's very rare and I can't find any info on it. Hell, I can't even google it!

Most popular models of Farfisa's VIP series were 233, 400 and 600. Even they are hard to google. They differ from the model I have (as far as I can decipher from pictures) as they all have two keyboards, drawbars and pedalboard. Mine doesn't! In fact, it looks very different! The wood finish is done in the style similar to Farfisa Professional 88 (dark brown imitation of wood, large switches).

Is there any of you who ever heard of this VIP 61 Farfisa? Please help me since I need to repair it! If you have any service material related to any VIP model, you could help me a lot. As far as I know the problem on my instrument is in it's output amp (a guy who gave it to me told me).

Also, does anyone know what kind of volume or sustain pedal VIP series or Professional 88 is using? I'm missing the pedal! It's just blank chord going out of the instrument. I wonder if I could wire regular sustain or volume pedal (which one, huh!) to use it? It also has 1/4" TRS input labeled "slalom". I basically understood what it is and I'm wondering if standard volume pedal would work on it. Any Farfisa owners here to help me?

thanks!

Luka Tralic
Croatia

Back