NEED! help with BATTERY?

PRiZ-one

I've been using this for while, but I can't learn how to save my drums.

Do I need to record from battery into a program to get the change's I've made to my individual drums?
All it seems to let me do is create kits with a .bas extention. Someone give me some help, I know some of ya'll must use this.

I want to recreate the new drum sound to a wav. file.

thanks, peace.

P.S. I've read the manual several times to no avail on a solution.

yo L'espion Noir! or Spinsterwun! (sp)

I've been looking back on the site and found ya'll use this.
Can any of ya'll please link me some advice, I don't have anything to trigger the drums with besides my mouse, I'm all computer for now, and have no means of income.

This program is the long lost peice to my prodcution puzzle, How can I do this, I can do everything I want in battery but make a copy of the drums as a wav. etc to use in a sequencer.

thanks!

Probably wont help at all, but I remember reading as post a while back on this site and I think they said you couldnt trigger them unless you had some sort of outboard midi device. Could be wrong.

I had Battery before and just got frusterated that I couldn't convert to a wave with my changes added. So I just switched to Acid and build my own drum tracks and do my effects with a wave editor (Cool Eit Pro).

Hopefully someone else couldgive you a more concrete answer, but I just thought I'd throw in my words.

-Springfield

well, I'd like to know either way, I think your probably right about triggering but their must be another way...??? I might even get a cheap keyboard would this work? How does the trigger thing work, does it have to do with recording? or sampleing from battery?

thanks nick, I did look back on posts and saw similar sayings, but I still think their must be another way. I really want to use this program!!! :(

>>>I want to recreate the new drum sound to a wav. file.

I don't think you can do that, you'll need a wave editor like Cool Edit

>>>.Do I need to record from battery into a program to get the change's I've made to my individual drums?

that's sort of what i'm doingi do

i use battery as a VST in Cubase
1- i record a midi drum track from my keyboard into Cubase
2- select battery as a vst for the drum track in cubase
3- load the sounds

so my changes are saved when my songs are

getting an inexpensive keyboard is a good idea as long as it has midi
that way you'll hook up your keyboard to the 'puter and trigger battery from the keyboard

THANKS!!!

but do i really need to buy a cheap keyboard or some outboard machine to trigger???
Is there a way I could even use my computer keyboard, I have no income currently. All I want is my drum sounds, I can recreate my patterns after.
Lately I've been thinking mayby in the options I could configure something, I'm still in the process of gathering info from various forums.

If you know anything at all about doing this, or any easier way for me, without getting a keyboard, please, respond.

Although if it is the ONLY way, I will get a keyboard, cause I love this program. It's a shame, it seems like such an easy option they left out, or left unexplained. I've already heard form a few others who gave up on the program entirely cause of this.

I'm assuming you're using Battery in stand alone mode, which i dont know much about.

I do the same as L'es w/ Cubase using it as a VSTi and all the adjustments saved with the song. And u can export the drum tracks a wav(s) from cubase or what ever ur using

Aside of that, I also save it as a kit ( .kit is the file ext.). in the same folder as the other audio files for the current song. I started doing this bcuz I have drum samples by the bunches. And if i load up a song and battery cant find the specific samples you'll end up going from folder to folder to replacing them (provided u remember which samples u used) 2 more advantages to doing this is Lets say i wanna use the same sound that i used in another song, i just go to that songs folder for it. 2nd I backup my song files to CD-RW's in case of HD crash or other mishap, Everything is together , less hassle when reloading the replacement HD.

What program u using PRiZ??

I use wavlab for most stuff like this, but I have tons of other programs. I can run battery as a direct x in wavlab etc, don't know about VST, not that I'm too sure of tho.

Yeah export to wav.'s like you do with cubase sounds like what i want to do. I don't care to make my drum loops in battery tho.

I'm glad you came along Hi_D cause I was bassically given up after last night.

My organization is superb tho... I am over due for a backup tho.

also...

I read that kontakt that sampler/synth can use bas. files, (battery files) it sounded interestingenuff, but I'm not sure how that could possibly help.

Re: THANKS!!!

PRiZ-one said:
but do i really need to buy a cheap keyboard or some outboard machine to trigger???......
No, you can use your mouse to trigger the pads (even though a controller would be much more simple/easy).

If I were you, I would trigger the kick/sound, and record it into my "editing program" (I use Sound Forge 6.0).

But............................. I think you already have the answers that you were seeking. ;)

spin

aight, yeah I got a general idea, but I already tried recording, so can anyone save me some time and tell me how to configure it to do this? in wavlab too if possible or not? :)

Ok!!! I got some drums recorded in Cubase, it was easier than I thought. I just read the manual and went through it step by step, I hadn't used cubase at all till than either. but now I just got a track in midi or whatever, with a few lines as drum sounds banged out... How do I turn this into a wav. so I can chop them up. I'm lookin through the manual and can't find anything.

It feels hella good to finally get some progress on this though.

PRiZ-one said:
yeah, does anyone know?

How do I turn this into a wav. so I can chop them up?

1. set your left and right markers to the beginning and end of your pattern(s)

2. click file >> export >> audio tracks

3. Choose your target folder that u wanna save to

4.Name your file. choose your resolution and sample rate

well i when u get to the export page, its pretty self explanatory.

Back